cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matriarch
Advocate

Broadband Price Increase

Now, Now!

I have previously spoken with your customer service advisors. I do have to admit I really struggled to understand your representative and was hoping for some clarity here.

My subscription to your services are now out of contract, but it would appear that you have decided to charge me an inflated standard rate cost for my broadband that I wasn't aware of nor gave you authoirty to do so. I did try to explain to your advisor, but the language barrier was challenging to put it mildy.

Could someone please advise on when you are going to reimburse me for the over charges? The services you provide do not represent value for money, so I will obviously be cancelling once you have given my money back. I need that money as I'm a poor pensioner and it's better to be in my account earning bottom feeder interest rather than in your inflated off shore stealth account! Please do the right thing and resolve this as soon as possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Matriarch
Advocate

@chilli2 Duly noted. I've been around long enough to do without a lecture on the subject of broadband. You're preaching to the converted!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Matriarch 

When you say ‘you’ here, you aren’t addressing Now, just your fellow customers 😢

If you can’t get any sense out of Now Broadband over the phone, try posting your plaint on Now’s Twitter/X feed, which may have more of your desired effect.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Matriarch
Advocate

@RoyB Ah, I see. Thanks for the heads up. I get to do the rant all over again... Oh joy!

RoyB
Legend

@Matriarch 

Copy and paste is your friend 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

@Matriarch I'm not going to reimburse you for anything, howewver I'm interested in these customer service advisors you say I have .

As you may have guessed by now this is a customer self help site, where other people give up their own time to help others - usually customers just like you because Comcast/Sky/Now are to cheap to pay for real Customer support .

As for "out of contract"  when you sign up to most services you do so on what is called a minimum term for a set period - this is often sold at a discounted rate per month to tempt people in , these lower rate minimum terms apply to lots of things from roadside breakdown assistance to gas boiler service plans and in this case Broadband and calls .

Some of these services are more regulated than others, and in the case of Now broadband you should have received an email towards the end of your minimum term outlining what happens next and how much it will cost, this will go to the email you used when you signed up, if you havent received this it may go in your spam folder ( as mine did), confusingly it may be from Sky and also easy to miss amongst the usually guff that Sky send out via email if you have ever had anything to do with them at any time in the past since Sky first started around 1990.

these emails they are sending out are not that simple to understand and can be a little misleading if you find it pay special attention to wht it says at the bottom, you are looking for a do nothing and pay £x line as well as right at the bottom "your first discount expires on (date) "

Ultimately you should keep a track on your own subscriptions and expiry dates, as for your broadband shop around, see what else is available and if its cheaper than Now, see if Now will match it  ( if you are happy with your service from now - aside from the out of contract price) and if not then change your internet supplier.

If my deal comes to an end and Now dont offer a good deal then i will move to FTTP and Voip

Matriarch
Advocate

@chilli2 Duly noted. I've been around long enough to do without a lecture on the subject of broadband. You're preaching to the converted!

ViolettaMC
Advocate

@Matriarch the same has happened to me and no there was no ‘if you do nothing it will cost you £x’ line in the email. now TV have admitted this is confusing and will be amended but don’t seem to grasp that charging me, a loyal customer, double with no prior notice is shameful tactics. I have cancelled with them to cut my loses. I had to buy two extenders for the house as their signal is poor so not value for money even at the £23.

Matriarch
Advocate
Yes, that is worrying. These service providers have no moral compass when it comes to consumers. Purely based on the numbers game and zero accountability. Just like our politicians. Legalised criminals, the lot of them.
I am determined to go all the way to recover the stealth overcharging tactic. I never take no for an answer. We have to stand up to these blithering idiots.