cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When getting offers when cancelling, back on the browser

wipes the offer. The email offers also don't work. I work as a tester and this is basic stuff.
They really need to offer better wages or do better interviews. But really you should look into fixing this.

Netflix randomly breaks on purpose to ensure the developers cover every eventuality. With that type of competition, nowtv will end up losing unless they put equal resources into development. For now I'm leaving. Hopefully they get their act together.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Even this sites styling is really bad on my phone. Wow. I am cancelling my bank card. I don't think I want to trust their encryption!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
[When getting offers when cancelling, back on the browser] wipes the offer.  The email offers also don't work. I work as a tester and this is basic stuff.

Looking for a job 😉   Now TV isn't unusual in this.  Many banks do likewise.  The rationale is to have total control over the transaction avoiding the use of browser specific features which are not predictable; particularly where upgrades are concerned.   I suspect Now TV do this deliberately to make sure you take the offer.  

I do have issues with the email offers, but inspecting the URL normally yields the voucher code which can be applied directly.  Not ideal but not a big issue. 

Netflix never have any offers, so they can't get that wrong.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes but then if they were to force the customer not to use browser functionality they should give them a warning when they do use a browser function e.g. with atlassian products, a small popup appears asking if you wish to leave the page.

As competition gets better, companies I work with are realising usability is becoming the differentiating factor in retaining customers. And are therefore putting resources into those areas.

I actually want nowtv to succeed, but things like this will make customers look elsewhere.