cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching on chromecast

Hi i have just got the free trial.  I already have a chromecast and I see that when I watch on it then it's using up two devices(iPad and chromecast)?    The set up I would like is a now box in my daughters room, Now on Apple TV, and a chromecast for my husband who works away each week so he will use his iPad to watch now to on the chromecast  - so that adds up to 4 devices.  does that mean when my husband is watching it, because he is using two devices neither me or my daughter can watch it?  

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

You can watch on up to 2 devices at the same time with NOW TV. However when watching on the Chromecast this is only counted as one stream as the iPad only acts as the remote telling the Chromecast which programme to stream, so you will still be able to watch on one device at home at the same time. 

Stictly speaking you don't need to have the iPad as a device on your account, as long as you always press the cast button in the NOW TV app before choosing what to play you can remove the iPad from your device list and add something else instead. However if your husband also wants to watch NOW TV on the iPad screen separately from the Chromecast from time to time then then the iPad will count, and you'll need to leave the iPad as one of your four devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your response.  When the free trial comes to any end, will my device list clear and I can start again because there are two devices that I was just using as a trial and would need to take these off, or do I have to wait a month before I delete one and then another month for to delete the 2nd?  Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you would need to wait each month to change a device, however as a one off I've found live chat to be accommodating.