cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast and watching on 2 devices

Hi sorry if this has been covered in previous posts but I can't find anything.

I have just purchased a now box with an entertainments pass.  My husband works away so he was going to use now tv via smart phone and chromecast.  I have read somewhere however, that a smartphone and chromecast register as 2 devices......... is this correct, if so does this mean that we wouldn't be able to watch at the same time?  So if I am watching the box and he then tries to watch on chromecast it wouldn't work?????  Just wanted to check as if this is the case may be best just to buy another box!

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The Chromecast will be added as a device when your husband first uses it to watch NOW TV. The smart phone will be added as a device if your husband watches NOW TV on the phone's screen, however if he only uses it to control the Chromecast (and remembers to press the cast button before choosing the film/programme to cast) then it doesn't get added as a device.

You are allowed to watch on no more than 2 devices at once, however using the phone to watch NOW TV on the Chromecast is only one stream not two, as it's only the Chromecast that is actually streaming anything (the phone just tells the Chromecast what to do) so it wouldn't stop you watching at home.

The only time you would have a problem is if you were watching at home, your husband was watching on the Chromecast AND he started watching something on the phone's screen as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your speedy response, that's great will give it a go.  many thanks again Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You're welcome! 🙂

Just to clarify as well you can have up to four devices on your account, so there's no problem with your husband watching on either his phone screen or the Chromecast, just ask him not to watch on both at the same time!