cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV is Confused

Just got the new Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 phone with the lovely option of having the NOW TV Entertainment pack added into my deal. Only problem is every time I go to watch anything on my phone the same message keeps popping up.

' Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices. But don't worry, there are loads of ways to get NOW TV on your big screen. Watch it with Apple TV, Chromecast, your xbox or playstation, or the NOW TV box. Find out more at nowtv.com'.

Now this is all very nice information however Im not intrested in watching it on my TV or through any other device. I simply want to watch it on my phone like I did previous android phones. And to my knowledge I haven't set up anything to play it through my TV so whats happening here? I haven't changed any settings or anything. I can't even find any options regarding this option.
Anyone else having this problem?
Is it easy to solve?
Or have I simply been scammed?
84 REPLIES 84
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, excellent. If you wanted you should be able to cast it to your TV using a Chromecast. Rather than watching snoozeball on a small screen.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I don't have a cheap phone I have a Sony and still having this problem. This used to be a life saver when my eldest boys were watching something on TV and the other on computer and I needed to cook dinner without my 4 year old around my ankles. I could just stick blooming frozen on and get on with it! Why can't companies work together! Typical of Sky to make money and not provide the service they promise! Tempted to try netflicks!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User are you sure you haven't rooted your device (or installed something for outside the Play Store)? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
the only thing that is different is I have performed a software update on my sony phone!?!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i agree with Ironbeam. The latest versions of Android simply are not compatible with Now TV to the extent I have 3 mobile phones, non of which will steam Now TV, which means soon it wont be possible to stream Now TV on the vast majority. Trading Standards inform me that NowTV will then have to drop their claim it can be used on mobile devices otherwise they will fall foul of the Trades Description Act 1968 and the Customer Protection Act 1968
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User this is a really old topic. The last posts were back in October.

Can you give us some details of which devices you're having issues with, and what those specific issues are? Tell us as much as possible, such as error messages or what happens on screen when it won't work.

I've been using NOW TV on my HTC One M8 for ages, without any issues. It's recently been updated to Marshmallow (Android 6.0, version 6.12.161.4 to be exact) and have experienced no problems at all.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And Brand new vodaphone sixes now work as they have different firmware updates on the new batches...

The OFF switch works... Now for Miracast...

"Was playing around with other settings later and did something that now means sky go is working!

Here is what you should try, not how I discovered it mind!

Uninstall sky go, not by removing from screen, but by going to settings, device, apps and tapping sky go. On page that comes up there is uninstall option.

Then, go to display (under settings) and scroll down to "Cast screen" at bottom of list. When you do, it will seek out a WiFi connection to a screen. I don't have such a thing, so search failed, but can't say what will happen if you do.
But if you then go to the three dots in a vertical line and select, there is an option there for "enable wireless display" - uncheck the box, and presumably if you were paired with a Miracast screen it will disconnect.

Do a full restart on the phone, (stay out of the cast screen section!) and go download and install sky go app again.

And then, tell us if it worked?!

I'm guessing as this was fairly simple it is probably what the techies at Vodafone stores were doing for the few that report getting it fixed? Just that no one thought to share it.

Please, really love to know if this works for others."

The users got the issues fixed untill next OS update...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Customer Protection Act 1987
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the rror on Samsung s8. Please refund me
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I have the rror on Samsung s8. Please refund me

What exactly is your problem @Anonymous User?