cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV is Confused

Just got the new Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 phone with the lovely option of having the NOW TV Entertainment pack added into my deal. Only problem is every time I go to watch anything on my phone the same message keeps popping up.

' Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices. But don't worry, there are loads of ways to get NOW TV on your big screen. Watch it with Apple TV, Chromecast, your xbox or playstation, or the NOW TV box. Find out more at nowtv.com'.

Now this is all very nice information however Im not intrested in watching it on my TV or through any other device. I simply want to watch it on my phone like I did previous android phones. And to my knowledge I haven't set up anything to play it through my TV so whats happening here? I haven't changed any settings or anything. I can't even find any options regarding this option.
Anyone else having this problem?
Is it easy to solve?
Or have I simply been scammed?
84 REPLIES 84
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You also can't hook up a tablet device that supports skygo via HDMI cable either 🙂

Something to also keep in mind is that this service is a lot cheaper than having a sky subscription and one of the ways they can keep costs down is by not providing phone support, phone support is pretty expensive to provide and would increase the cost of the NOWTV service.

The reason they gave you seems to be incorrect though, it's something todo with the license agreement for the app from what I understand.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You're right, it will be a requirement of the agreement with the content providers. Given that NOW TV gives access to live channels as well as on-demand content, you are getting the very latest shows as soon as they are aired. This makes the content valuable and so the content providers will want NOW TV to take steps to minimise the chance of piracy, the HDMI out is probably one of those steps.

Good point about the overall cost.If you weren't aware, you might be interested to know you can buy vouchers for NOW TV from Game (online or in-store), Argos (search for Sky Movies, Sky Entertainment or Sky Sports), Currys and PC World. This can reduce the cost even further. Prices are

Entertainment - 3 months - £15
Entertainment - 5 months - £25
Movies - 2 months - £15
Movies - 3 months - £25
Sky Sports Week Pass - £10

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have got this message on my android device, it is 4.2.1 i started on live chat, then was escalated to an email(wowee) which basically told me about all androids being 4.0 and above were compatible. my device ticks all boxes, it is not rooted etc. it is the only registered device apart from the main tv, after numerous messages i was told to post on here so as to get it sorted, anyway the message says
sorry, not for now, you cant get now tv on your connected device yet.
so much for advertising all androids 4.0 and above

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User what device do you have, because some of the cheap tablets can't be supported due to the modifications made by those manufacturers?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just purchased an Entertainment Monthly Pass and tried to watch via HDMI cable connected to my android device (which works). I get the same 'Oops we're sorry message' and having checked this forum only found out that Now TV will not allow connection to a TV via HDMI. This was not stated when I checked supported devices prior to purchase and I would like an immediate refund. Thanks

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We do mention on our website what devices we do support, and as this is not mentioned it is therefore not one of our supported methods to view NOW TV. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi    this is the only information you give on your help  regarding android devices  :------

Last modified 26 Feb 2015

We support most Android phones and tablets, running Android operating system 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and later. 

We do not support devices that have been modified or rooted, even if this was done by the manufacturer.

Tech Spec

We recommend the following Android device specifications for the best NOW TV app performance.

CPU/processor: 1.0 GHz or higher
Memory: 1GB RAM
Screen Resolution: 480x800 
Eye tracking features: Should be disabled. (Smart Stay / Screen)

Kindle Fire HD
NOW TV does not support Kindle Fire HD devices.

MAYBE IF YOU GAVE INFORMATION REGARDING WHICH TABLETS NOW TV SUPPORTS   e.g  make model etc  people wouldnt get so annoyed Karl-F NOW TV TEAM AND PLEASE TELL ME IF IM A LITTLE DUMB AND NOT TECHNO MINDED  BUT HOW ON EARTH DO I KNOW IF MY MANUFACTURER HAS MODIFIED OR ROOTED MY TABLET  ESPECIALLY THE ONES AT THE CHEAPER END OF THE MARKET
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User we'd love to help you here. Can you tell us which Android tablet you have and we'll look into it?

It's almost impossible for us to maintain a list of compatible tablets, as there are hundreds of different manufacturers and potentially thousands of different individual devices. It's too many for us to be able to test every single one and make sure it works.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi TOM First I have a you view box connected to main family tv by hdmi cable I have purchased the now tv box to watch on my android tablet I have also ordered a AV cable from sky accessories thinking that I may be able to connect now tv to main tv with av cable to watch on tablet not sure if I need to do this though maybe you could help here as well my tablet is 10.1" capacitive A315 quad core android 4.4.2 Kitkat Allwinner tablet pc I do hope you can help but im not very techno minded I can just about muddle through hope to hear from you soon