cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lynnyeo
Advocate

My fixed contract price has been increased without warning in July 2023.

I assume NOW have broken the agreement so I am moving to another supplier.

My biggest problem is stopping my direct debit.  I cannot find a place to do this on the site.

Bad customer relations - bad communication

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

First, you should have been notified, emails were sent out around late May/early June. Check that you haven't missed it, look at your junk/spam folders also. It did give you 30 days in which you could leave without penalty. So they haven't broken the agreement.

Second, NOW don't do Direct Debits, it is card payments only. So if you do want to stop that you would need to contact the card issuer directly.

Finally, if you genuinely did not receive any notification then reach out to NOW and explain this, their complaints number is 0800 759 1213.

chilli2
Elite

The price increase was well publicised before hand , and you should have received an email to your email address that you have registered with Now .

If you have not updated your email address, or the email has gone into Spam, or you have not checked then that is your own fault.

From my point of view even with the increase the price from Now  even with the £3.50 increase is still competitive , and offers good value for money at £24.50 a month , where as changing supplier would see this going up to around £35-£40 a month - as this Now Broadband deal  also includes anytime landline calls ( still have someone who makes use of this function) and i am now in a full fibre/copper stop sell area meaning that any change in supplier would see me having to have Full fibre/Fibre to the premises installed 

The Email notifying you of the price rise should look like this

Subject: Your Now Broadband Membership is changing

Jayach
Elite 3

@chilli2 wrote:
From my point of view even with the increase the price from Now  even with the £3.50 increase is still competitive -snip- as this Now Broadband deal  also includes anytime landline calls ( still have someone who makes use of this function)

I would think those contracts have ended by now, as they stopped offering inclusive anytime calls in (about) May last year. 

It's why I didn't swap to Now.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@lynnyeo 

You need to call the broadband team using the number provided by @redchiz1 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help