cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricky25
Mentor

Broadband Service Stopped

Nowtv has stopped my broadband without any warning by email, phone or letter, saying my payment is over due, they last took payment in January, my card details have been removed from my account, why? My account shows payment for this month was completed?.

I have sent an email to complain and asked them to contact me, but have had no response, phone support has changed to abroad and is of no help what so ever.

I now have no broadband, TV, or any service other then my phone's 4G.

I contacted Ofcom who has told me to complain and if Nowtv hasn't resolved the issue in eight weeks then Cisas will take up the case.

I don't have eight weeks and I need to find a new provider and because Nowtv has stopped my broadband and removed my card details I consider this a breach of contract.

I have all the evidence to support this and it is Nowtv who is at fault.

I can do no more.

4 REPLIES 4
chilli2
Elite

Without trying to state the obvious, have you tried updating your payment online yourself under the my account settings?

Ricky25
Mentor

@chilli2 

@chilli2 

@chilli2 

@chilli2 

Thank you for your reply, yes have tried for hours, long story short, have proof they took February Payment, it's under my account payments, they won't except this. My payment details where up to date and working, some how my paynent details were removed and with no warning, email, letter or phone call my broadband was just cut off.

Had previous ongoing problem with my broadband speed, but more importantly line quality, couldn't even watch Netflix, spent more time trying to get it to work, resetting my router etc constantly, that compliant and the details have now also been lost.

Now the Ombudsman Service has advised me to raise a dispute with my card holder for services not received etc.

Today still haven't had any reply from Nowtv and I'm now looking for new provider. If they try to charge an early leaving fee, I have my evidence ready, they charge me for a four months leaving fee they will receive a charge back for six to twelve months, so it's there choice.

Have I updated my payment details, no I will no longer do anything, I was promised compensation for my previous problems but never got anything. Can't sit hear for eight weeks to open Cisas case to a credit card dispute is my only option.

Ricky25
Mentor

@chilli2 

@chilli2 

Not until I get a reply, apology and compensation before will I ever have anymore to do with Nowtv, I joined for one big reason, UK customer support.

RoyB
Legend

@Ricky25 

Have you tried calling Now Broadband on one of the many numbers offer?

Call 150 from a Now landline, or take your pick of:-

0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462, 0330 332 3050, 0800 759 1213, 0330 041 2473, 0333 759 4816

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.