cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Annoying Parental Control

Hi guys, how can I turn off the parental control in my settings?

It's really annoying and I spent one day looking for a solution but everything seem to don't work. Website is not giving indication at all. 

Thank you for your help 

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you referring to your Broadband Buddy Settings ?

Or when watching live NowTV ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI, I'm having the same issue.

Nothing ins Help topics is useful.

Parental PIN display - asking me to enter my PIN, keeps appearing when trying to watch LIVE TV from the TV guide selection.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With regards to watching live NowTV Entertainment or Movies have a read of my post in this linked thread below.

Unfortunately you can't disable it 😠.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Parental-Pin/m-p/537451#M17232 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thanks for your reply.

That is terrible - ugh!!.  It wasn't like that a few weeks/months ago - during lockdown 🙂)

What a pain......

Does this mean that Now TV have updated it to this functionality then??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The live Sky Cinema channels have been using a parental pin for well over a year now.

Where i believe the parental pin for the three live Sky Entertainment channels indicated on the NowTV article linked below (before the watershed) or any Entertainment live channel if using one of the older devices such has a NowTV white box was only introduced about a week or so ago.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-parental-pin 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

Thanks for the additional info.  

I have one of what is listed on their website as a new 'supported' device.  Not even had it a year old.

Oh well......

🤷🏽‍♀️

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Because you have posted in the Broadband Subject area i am assuming you are referring to the Broadband Parental Controls.

If there is no option under My Account > Settings & Pins on here and you have logged in with your Broadband sign in details (just in case you have more than one account) then contact the NowTV Broadband Team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes the only way possible seems to be contacting them but how?

On this website there are plenty of links but no one seems working. It's frustrating 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Parental-PIN-not-accepted/m-p/537324/highlight/true#M14854

That tells the OP how to reset their PIN, but you go to the same place to turn it off.

However, if it is Off, or you turn it Off, there are still programmes on the live channels, and even some on catchup, where you will be asked for this PIN if you watch them before 9 pm.

You should blame Ofcom for this, though, not NowTV; Ofcom have made it a condition that this be implemented for all broadcasters providing Live post-watershed material before the watershed.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.