cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Parental Pin

Hi guys, hope someone can advise. So I have had my NowTV account for several years and from nowhere the other day I started getting asked for my parental pin for nearly every channel for live tv and various box sets. I didn’t even know I had a pin so went into my account and made one, thought that entering once would fix however every single time I switch channels I am asked for my parental pin, this is driving me completely up the wall, especially as I always flick between channels at the Ads! How do I make this stop- help?!

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It's mandatory enforced by OFCOM and there is no way of disabling it.

If it's happening on all Entertainment channels even after the watershed then i am guessing you are using one of the devices mentioned on this link article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-parental-pin 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hiya, thanks for getting back to me. Yip, I am part of the little white box brigade, so this might be the problem. May also explain why the tv search function disappeared months ago and never returned, why I have just had a message that the bbc app will no longer be supported and why new apps like Hayu, don’t appear. Also permanently frustrated at the way “ box sets” are promoted, you go on there and there massive episode gaps on existing box sets! Anyway rant over, think I may need a rethink on continuing with NowTV.👍