cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MasterCard details correct, confirmed by LiveChat but passes not renewed - why?

I received an email to say my pass renewal failed as my card details were incorrect.

i logged into my account and they were correct.

i talked to an agent on Live Chat who said there was a technical issue taking MasterCard payments.

i asked if he could confirm that my card details were correct. He confirmed that they were.

i asked if the service would continue. He confirmed that it would.

today I received an email to say that my renewal had failed and my service had ended.

ive really enjoyed NowTV - it's sad that even with a valid MasterCard, confirmed by a NowTV agent that I can no longer use the service.

has anyone else had this issue?is the only solition to use a debit card or Visa credit card?

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I changed my card details to a VisaDebit and it still doesn't work. I want to cancel my subscription but can't even find how to do that. This is the very worst service I've ever encountered.

How do I cancel to make sure it isn't re-activated - anybody??

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You can cancel your pass from your My Account - My Passes page. More info here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks but I thought it would automatically renew since I changed my card details (although the one they had already had not expired).  I'll check it again tomorrow, but thanks!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User wrote:

is the only solition to use a debit card or Visa credit card?

As a workaround until it's sorted you could buy a voucher for  2 months of movies or 3 months of entertainment for £15 from Game, they will email you the code and you can apply it to your account. Hopefully by the time the voucher runs out the issue will be sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy Many thanks - from @Anonymous User post it sounds as if changing to Visa isn't a fix either?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The original issue was only  with Mastercards and was supposedly resolved, but there have been odd postings about problems still. However I'm not NOW TV staff so I don't really know anything above what live chat have told you.

However if you have a Visa you are happy to use then there's no harm in trying, as your pass has now expired you might as well give it a go! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

AFTER 2 HOURS OF TRYING ITS NOT RECONISING MY MASTERCARD WHY SELL SOMETHING THAYT 1 DOES NOT WORK AND 2 OFFERS NO CONTACT NUMBER I THINK I WILL GET NETFLICKS INSTEAD AS THIUS IS UNPROFESIONAL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My entertainment pass was on the reduced rate of £3.49 as a special offer, would not auto renew with my mastercard which had been previously used.

Received Email to say subscription had finished, logged in to my account and was able to buy the pass at the higher rate of £6.99 without having to change or enter any new card details.  

Strange Nowtv couldn't renew at the lower price but would allow me to buy the pass at the higher price without requiring me to change or amend any of my card details online. 

This will definately be my last transaction with Nowtv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Same outcome here - I had a voucher at a lower rate and the renewal failed. I just updated at £6.99 with the same card details and it went through fine.

I can see what the technical issue is now but i) the Live Chat team don't seem to know, ii) they give false assurances that the service will continue, iii) they suggest that changing to a visa or direct debit card will fix it (which is pointless), iv) the emails are misleading.

All in all - not a great experience from the billing and support side of what's actually a really great TV service which I've really enjoyed up until now.