cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MasterCard details correct, confirmed by LiveChat but passes not renewed - why?

I received an email to say my pass renewal failed as my card details were incorrect.

i logged into my account and they were correct.

i talked to an agent on Live Chat who said there was a technical issue taking MasterCard payments.

i asked if he could confirm that my card details were correct. He confirmed that they were.

i asked if the service would continue. He confirmed that it would.

today I received an email to say that my renewal had failed and my service had ended.

ive really enjoyed NowTV - it's sad that even with a valid MasterCard, confirmed by a NowTV agent that I can no longer use the service.

has anyone else had this issue?is the only solition to use a debit card or Visa credit card?

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem as hdhdhd. Auto renew with mastercard failed in November, I had to delete and re-enter card details and buy a new entertainment pass. Now in December i've received an email telling me auto renew has failed again. 

There is another thread saying this isse has been fixed http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Offers-Promotions/Some-payments-from-Mastercard-not-going-thro... It obviously hasn't been fixed and I don't want to have to go through this every single month.

Please fix it.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since my original post a week ago about the ongoing Mastercard issue nothing has been resolved. In fairness to Now TV I have been contacted several times by email, but at the moment there does not seem to be a way forward. The last suggestion I had was to use a different card.

I don't intend to do that, the card is absolutely fine for use with all other merchants, either for one off purchases or recurring charge / payment transactions. Until last month Now TV had been sucessfully taking monthy payments via this card since the beginning of 2014.

If Now TV manage to resolve the issues with certain Mastercard payments then I'll subscribe to the service again, but for the moment I'm out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you look at my account details and email me? Haven't seen an email.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I still haven't got any ability to pay for the monthly pass for Sports channels that I bought Now TV boxes to watch.

Yesterday I received an email from Now TV saying "you will need to try a different card, this may be the only way for now to get passed (sic) this issue and allow you to purchase your Sports pass". I do not have another card I can use - there is absolutely nothing wrong with my existing card, it is working everywhere else on multiple retailers sites and regular payments and the card company confirm there is no reason NowTV are not able to take payment other than that NowTV have a problem.

Unfortunately NowTV do not seem to be bothered by this issue and are content to leave customers totally stuck without service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had these same problems with Mastercard payments halting in November in explicably. Tried everything including 4 conversations on live chat. While I was ranting and raving, my son said, let me try something. I had already checked my card was updated even though it had not changed, but he re entered the number and 3 digit code from scratch, then did the same with our address details but moved the name of the house down a line (rather than it being with Flat no etc) Hey presto, it's working now! Worth a try?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User I'll give that a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry about this 😞

Your case has been raised with our technical teams and is currently being looked into.

Once this has been resolved, you'll receive an email.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User please can you update everyone who is affected by this issue - including your Live Chat team so that other viewers with the same issue don't suffer the same way. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I bought a pass this morning on my Mac but it’s still asking for payment on the TV. Honestly, I think I’ll just give up and go to Netflix.