cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MasterCard details correct, confirmed by LiveChat but passes not renewed - why?

I received an email to say my pass renewal failed as my card details were incorrect.

i logged into my account and they were correct.

i talked to an agent on Live Chat who said there was a technical issue taking MasterCard payments.

i asked if he could confirm that my card details were correct. He confirmed that they were.

i asked if the service would continue. He confirmed that it would.

today I received an email to say that my renewal had failed and my service had ended.

ive really enjoyed NowTV - it's sad that even with a valid MasterCard, confirmed by a NowTV agent that I can no longer use the service.

has anyone else had this issue?is the only solition to use a debit card or Visa credit card?

33 REPLIES 33
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I have sent you an email in regards to your post. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Karl-F

Please can you let others having the same issue know what we can do about it?

We're keen to remain NowTV customers, but that's difficult when your payment system for MasterCard doesn't work.

Thanks,

Scott

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the problems and the late reply.

I am sending you an email as this is an account related query.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thnaks @Anonymous User

i was able to re-enter all the card details myself and purchase a new Entertainment pass.  I won't know for a few weeks if this automatically renews.

What's been disappointing is that I got in touch with your Live Chat support who knew of the technical issue but not the fix, checked the card numbers themselves and reassured me that my card details were correct, also reassured me that my service would continue but then it was automatically cancelled.

I really enjoy NowTV but it has made me consider the other alternatives more carefully.

Scott Stockwell

Anonymous User
Not applicable

More Mastercard related problems, my automatic payment failed last month. I re-entered the card details and started my subscription again. One month on I've just been emailed to say that my payment has failed - again!

I really can't be bothered with this on a monthly basis. Is this problem likely to be properly addressed and a proper solution implemented?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not sure @Anonymous User - I had to re enter mine and it'll be three weeks before I'll know too!

hope NowTV fix it soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm still waiting for Now TV to fix their issue. I have been unable to pay since 9th November when my Sky Sports Monthly pass failed to renew and as a result I have no way of accessing the Sky Sports Channels I bought NowTV boxes to watch the football season on (I have checked repeatedly with my card provider who have assured me there is no issue with my card and the issue is a NowTV problem and it is up to NowTV to resolve it there is nothing I or they can do).

I have tried live chat, this forum and email but still have no resolution - it has got to the point where the code I was given to apply while on Live Chat with technical couldn't even be applied to my account and they don't know why so I have absolutely no way of getting the service I bought NowTV boxes to watch.

The current adverts saying NowTV is hassle free are just a joke - I have spent hours on live chat and email trying to get the problem resolved but still nothing is being sorted and I am left waiting for days without any contact and no service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, very very sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your co-operation whilst looking into this. 

As this is account related. I will send you an e-mail very shortly. Please keep an eye out on your inbox.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,  have had the same problem: my mastercard would not pay, despite me using it today since it failed with NOWtv. It is clearly only a problem for them, and though a very helpful livechat person called Nikhil sorted out the fact that it had got my account stuck so i could apply the voucher I obtained, it still remains a afact that they are unable to take money from me, and others. I like the NOW tv service and don't want it to vanish when customers who can't pay all keep losing their accounts. I hope someone will fix this issue!

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

hI @Anonymous User,

We are certainly investigating whats happening. In the meantime I will take a look at your account and send you an email.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team