cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Credit Card Company Confirm No Attempt To Take payment

I've been a member for years, but have recently recieved an email from Nowtv saying they couldn't take this months amount from my credit card account.  

The card is still well within it's date, it is nowhere near my limit and the comany confirmed more than once that no requsted for payment has been recieved this month from Nowtv.  

I've had a few Nowtv Live Chats about the problem and was assured it would be okay.  A Live chat the other day suggested  that I simply update my credit card details with the same information - which I did.  

However, I find today that my account has now been terminated because of the payment not being taken.  

So just now I get onto Livechat once again, but the problem remains unresolved and the agent ended the chat with no resolution.

Not a very good recommendation for Nowtv is it.  

Any suggestion on how to resolve this problem?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User NOW TV have identified an issue with their payment systems and some Mastercards. Hopefully they'll get this resolved shortly.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hiya I know that this isn't the answer to your query but I have had the exact same issue. I have just come off the live chat and she forwarded my details to technical team and I have to await an email. 

You ou are not alone in this a seems they have an issue they aren't aware of. 

Jenny

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extra note have you checked if you can watch a film? I had subscribe now on movies on my PS3. But when I clicked on that it played my film 😕

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem Jenz78.

No, I can't now watch any movies.  I had an email from NowTv a little earlier today saying that I had only one day left to view movies, but the ability to watch movies had already stopped before I had the email - so even the information in that email was inaccurate.

Doesn't bode well does it!

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh that's a pain 😞 

i keep getting emails saying that payment couldn't be collected and my Subscription hasn't been renewed. I even got the exact same email 10 minutes after talking to the live chat. So goodness knows what's going on. Looking down the list on here it seems there are more people suffering with the same 😕

they will end up losing a lot of customers it seems. There is a lot of choice these days for movies. I'm happy to try others if they can't be bothered to address the issues. 

Good luck with yours. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got an email sat waiting for me this morning to say they can't take payment. No problem with my debit card or balance. Like everyone else it seems, My NOWTV account is saying

"We tried to take payment for your pass but we weren't able to.

Don't worry, you can still enjoy NOW TV whilst we try to take the payment again.

In the meantime, please check that your card details are correct."

I'll get on to them once someone is around to talk to but this is pretty poor service considering I'm not the first person it's happened to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blackfish...........................sorry to see you're one of us growing number of affected customers.

Good luck in hoping to get someone from NowTv to take much action on your problem - so far they've seemed pretty useless in acknowledging the problem and doing something to fix it. 

Having had a number of different Live Chats about it, the only practical advice I received was to update my payment details with exactly the same information as already there. Unsurprisingly, doing as suggested made no difference whatsoever to NowTv's problem.

The last Live Chat I had was ended abruptly  after I asked how to make a proper complaint about this farce, so now I don't know if they're going to email me with some information or just consign me to the lost customer bin.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is my live chat this morning:

chhaya (12/11/2015, 09:35:15): Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to chhaya. How can I help?
Me (12/11/2015, 09:35:58): Hello, I've had an email to say that you cannot take payment. I have checked the details you have and they are still correct, the bank say there is nothing wrong with my card and there is more than enough money in the account.
Me (12/11/2015, 09:36:17): I see from the forum that other people have the same issue.
chhaya (12/11/2015, 09:37:19): Hey Simon, I agree with the fact that you're getting the issue with the payments.
chhaya (12/11/2015, 09:37:39): However, since its a known issue, I've forward the details to the relevant team.
chhaya (12/11/2015, 09:37:49): They'll investigate and will get back to you soon.
Me (12/11/2015, 09:38:05): ok, thank you
chhaya (12/11/2015, 09:38:11): You're welcome.
chhaya (12/11/2015, 09:39:01): You can check our community for new updates.

As it's my first contact and they'll supposedly investigate, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. If I've not heard anything by this evening I'll try again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Blackfish. I had my second live chat with them last night. I told the woman that instead of an email coming out to us saying our payment hasn't been taken, we need an email reassuring us that the issue is being dealt with. Just so we know they have acknowledged that our account has issues. She said she would pass that on. But whether she does is another thing. I've been in talks over the last few days and I have now lost all subscription and had no email about the technical issue.

Feel left in the dark as they were aware of the issues days ago.

Making me cross now 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User NOW TV have identified an issue with their payment systems and some Mastercards. Hopefully they'll get this resolved shortly.