cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Horrendous customer service

I've received the most horrendous customer service from Live Chat and Twitter.  Long story short, I have a NowTV subscription and use it on 2 playstations.  I used to have it on a NowTV box, but I left that with my now ex-partner.  

I don't have any contact with him, so don't want him using my account.  I've removed the device, but it keeps readding on there.  I've changed the email address, changed the password, and then removed the device, but low and behold, it's back on there again.  It's a new email address he doesn't know about and I've never used the password before so there's absolutely no way he'd know them to log back in.  

Multiple conversations with Live Chat, spanning circa 3 hours, and they keep on telling me to change the email address as it won't auto-log back in.  But it is doing - Multiple times.  They're not listening when I say I've changed the password, and they tell me they'll remove it on my behalf (assuming I'm stupid and can't do it myself).  

As the final resolution they've suggested that each month I remove my active devices and then readd them so I have less device capacity on my account (due to being only able to make 1 change per month.  But that seems like a crazy solution and if I forget, the device will readd, plus it stops me from adding more devices if I need to in the future.  

I can't imagine this complies with GDPR if the device automatically adds without the new email address as must be storing something internally for that to happen! 

I've asked Live Chat to raise a complaint - I was told they have and someone 'may' contact me.  The Twitter team say they can't help and tell me to speak to Live Chat, plus they can't see a complaint raised on my account.  

I've never experienced such poor service like this and feel the only way around is to just cancel my subscription.  Which is a shame because I do actually like it - shame the service doesn't do it justice!!

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been discussed before on here before it seems a bit ridiculous if there isn’t an option to log out all users and log in again with the new password.  The only option I think is to remove the offending device and log in on a phone and laptop so you have no spare devices for them to log in on.  Then if you want to use a different device at a later date you can remove one and immediately login on the new device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh I couldn't find any other threads about it but may have missed them.  Thanks for your reply!

Yes that's the option Live Chat gave, but as you can add 1 new device a month I'd have to do this each month.  And if I did it at say the beginning of the month but then wanted to watch on an alternate device (if I was away from home for example) I wouldn't be able to.  

Seems crazy, and I'm convinced it's a GDPR failing as the device is remember the details despite me changing them online! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You will be surprised how many people post on here about either ex partners or ex friends having access to the main account holders details and still using the service without the account holder permission.

Never give anybody your nowtv username and password, always add a payment pin to your account and use the security question offered when setting up your account.

Here's one typical example i found on the forum, where you may find some helpful information on what course of action to take in the link thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Blocking-a-device/m-p/447833

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't given anyone the login details. I signed the device into NowTV myself, but since then obviously we've split up and I need it to be deactivated.  The issue is that the device for whatever reason is reconnecting to my account despite it being removed from the list - And no matter what I do to change the details it just keeps on reconnecting! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have a read of the link thread in my above post on a way to possibly blocking your ex partner adding devices to your account list.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have and already done all of the points: 

- Security question 

- PIN 

- Password reset 

- Email change

- Removed device

None of the above have worked.  At the moment it isn't connected, but only because I've changed devices so month is maxed out, but next month I will be in the same position again

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you followed the last step by step instructions on the bottom of page 1 on the link thread that i posted ?

Would have thought that would have worked, because your ex partner wouldn't know the security question or your new password and shouldn't be able to add a device next month.

What about changing to a new email address on your account by following these instructions below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-change-email-address

Before changing your email address on your account, I think your best bet is to wait for a NowTV Forum Team member to pick up your post on here to offer you further assistance and help on how to resolve the matter.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As an update, I've spent another 60 minute speaking to live chat.  I've created a whole new account and they've deleted my previous one.  They've applied a 30 day credit to the account so I don't have to pay for both accounts. 

Fingers crossed that's resolved the issue!