Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wayne834
Advocate

can someone explain why credit carried over means pay double on Jan 4 HELP

Broadband & Calls
Paid on 4 Jan 2024
Monthly recurring charges     ( I paid £28.50 in Dec but £56.00 was taken from my acct for Jan 
£28.50
Calls usage
£0.00

Credit carried from previous period        LOL
£28.50
Total
£57.00

i also was never informed of the price hike from £17.99

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@wayne834 

Best to call the broadband team using the number from this link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
wayne834
Advocate

@gavs82008 

I switched Debit Cards around the billing period and was waiting for a new 1 , they say my payment never went in for DEC as the card was charged during the 5 day crossover, though I have a statement in my account saying £28.50 paid by me on Dec 4th . I pointed this out and was told the system makes an 'assumption' that the bill will be paid on that date and a receipt is automatically sent . WTF , this is as bad a system as Horizon.I was on the phone with a statement of my payment and the guy told me it doesn't mean I paid and why don't I understand his explanation lol .Take from that what you will . This isn't accounting at any level I know.

Shoddy practices

wayne834
Advocate

@gavs82008 and they call it 'credit' carried over , if it was credit I wouldn't have been charged at all , Debit and credit are 2 diff things

RoyB
Legend

@wayne834

One party’s credit is the other party’s debit.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Robinsonrita
Observer

Robinsonrita 

Hi this has happened  to me since  January  this year