cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flossie
Mentor

Japanese Grand Prix replay

As advertised…. I tuned in at 10.30am to watch the Japanese Grand Prix full replay to find it was already on lap 18!  Grrrrr…..

I don’t know what happened in the race - which can affect schedules / cause over run of live events - but this is not the case as programme clearly started earlier than advertised

Can someone please explain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Flossie
Mentor

@Flossie as a footnote….I think I may have jumped the gun.  I think it’s the earlier highlight show still running…..but I had no way of knowing….🤔

My bad!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Bois
Advocate

If that wasn't bad enough it's also only playing the highlights! Not the full rerun - what an absolute joke! 

Flossie
Mentor

@Bois Hi Bois and anyone who maybe still online….I think it’s on now (@11.15am ).  I’m hoping it’s the full re - run 🤞

sjbriestow
Advocate

@Flossie I've just had the same issue. I'm presuming it's because there's been a delay in the race and this has shifted all the programming out, so what was showing at 10:30 was the delayed highlights. It's seriously annoying that they can't update the schedule on the home page if there's a delay.

I only just starting using NowTV recently after years of using series record on Virgin Media, and it's infuriating to find that all the issues that stopped me using it in the past haven't been fixed (hours or even days waiting for on-demand content, scheduling issues). I'm four races in and already considering cancelling.

Flossie
Mentor

@sjbriestow totally agree.  A simple correction of the onscreen schedule would have helped.  Not rocket science

I thought I was going potty and kept checking the schedule to make sure I had my timings correct.  No spoilers - but I’ve since discovered there was a delay

Big question now is….what time will the full replay now be on?  May just hop over to Channel 4 - but they’re only highlights

Don’t be too disheartened.  It will be worth keeping your subscription when we get to to more amenable time zones for us Brits.  It’s just these early morning races causing us jip.  (I no longer get up early anymore to watch as I keep falling back asleep!  💤😆😆)

Flossie
Mentor

@Flossie as a footnote….I think I may have jumped the gun.  I think it’s the earlier highlight show still running…..but I had no way of knowing….🤔

My bad!

Alythan
Advocate

@Flossie not your bad in my view. My son and I waited for the highlights show to indicate it was down to the last minute. Then we waited a couple of minutes more until the box appeared showing that the full reply had just started and was one minute old. So we clicked to watch it and found it was the 18th lap of the highlights. We’d avoided all news and use of WiFi up to this point only to have the race spoiled in an instant. 

It would only take one person at Sky / Now TV a couple of mins to change the timer to show the highlights show had 26 minutes remaining (instead of 1) and to reset the start time for the full replay. 

I wouldn’t mind if it was free terrestrial TV. But this is an expensive service and for that you expect a service.