cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reggieperrin
Advocate

F1 qualifying not there on race day

Hi,

I want to watch the qualifying for the hungarian f1 but its not there, practice 1 & 2 is but nothing else.

Everywhere i read it says on demand is available for f1 and that is why i pay for the service so where is it?

its 7am on race day UK time and i cant watch it so what am I paying for exactly, the ability to watch it in a weeks time because if thats the case I may as well save my money and watch it free on you tube after a week.

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Jake_sh
Advocate

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Teds notebook for qualifying has been released (for those who don’t know is summary/ analysis of qualifying) which makes me believe it simply won’t be uploaded now.

Now Sports (for me as least) normally takes ages to upload but has always been available the next day.

could someone reply with a solution? 
thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jake_sh 

No staff will reply with an answer for you. If you want to complain then you need to do it via live chat.

Which is accessed by clicking “chat online” within the green box and not hitting “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Reggieperrin @Jake_sh on demand content can take 24 hours to appear due to differing rights agreements for each race.

Sky have the rights (and Now clearly advertise) to show everything LIVE. They make no promises about on demand content.

Screenshot_2023-07-22-07-21-58-94_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

There are replays during the evening on the F1 channel. Aternatively, Channel 4 showed qualifying last night at 7pm and have highlights available on demand.

Jake_sh
Advocate

@gavs82008 @Saint1976 thanks for your reply’s, and apologies for slow reply.

It has been posted now which is the main thing. Is there a page you know of with the rights for each race so I know when the qualifying and race is likely to be posted by for demand?

it unlikely that I will happen to be free in the evenings for exactly when the race is shown on f1 channel, and I’d like to watch the full sessions rather than just the highlights from channel 4.

I did attempt to use the live chat but didn’t work properly (or I didn’t use it properly!) so do either of you have recommendations on what I should buy in order to get the race on demand more or less immediately (or within a few hours)? I think I’ve heard people can record the race when it happens so they can watch it back later, what NOW/ Sky package would i need to do this? 

I only watch F1 so I believe I have the cheapest Now TV sports package at the moment as I don’t really want to pay for more than I need to, however it would be worth upgrading to ensure I can watch the qualifying and race the same day.

again thanks for your replies.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jake_sh 

From my understanding no page references the exact rights and time for when it will be uploaded to watch on demand.

As for recording the only way you can do this is with NOW is by having NOW billed directly through BT and having a BT recordable box. Where you can use the EPBG to record live TV. Otherwise it is the waiting game. 

If I am not mistaken it would take the same length of time for the content to be on demand for Sky TV itself. So it is worth emailing Sky Viewer Relations to have a proper moan at them.

viewer r @ sky . uk (ensure no spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Eoghan1

In to the following season and still the same crap from NOW. No qualifying for Suzuka up yet and it happened over 12 hours ago. Like before all practises and quali notebook posted. I complained about this last year and got no where.