Not applicable

Unlinking NOW TV account from BT TV account

I am looking to find out if i can unlink these account from each other 

9 REPLIES 9
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Only BT can do that, so you need to ask them

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT say they can't unlink it. And you can't use a Now TV pass. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can you post, perhaps with some redactions, where BT said this to you?

Had you perhaps signed up for a minimum term, or something like that?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This was said to me on a telephone call with BT. I was unhappy that I
had not been given proper information when I transferred my Now TV
account to BT when I signed up for a BT Sport deal with BTTV box.

I discovered that my Now TV account which had 3 months left to roll over
with Sky Sports at £20 /m had now been cancelled and I could only
re-subscribe at £39.99; furthermore I could not use a Sky Sports pass (I
have an unused £25 pass). In short all my previous flexibility to manage
Now TV was lost - none of this had been made clear.

I was offered to switch to BTs "Big Sport" at £40/m ie BT Sport + Sky
Sports - I'm paying £10 for BT Sport on my contract so this means Sky
Sports for £30; I was told this was a 24m contract but that I could
cancel online at any time. I protested about my missing 3m at £20 and
they agreed to credit me £30 which they have done.

I asked if I had an alternative to remove my Now TV account from BT - I
was told that at present this was not technically possible!

So I took them up on their offer; however I did check if I could change
or cancel online, and computer says no, I'd have to ring.

So my advice to anyone would be to keep their Now TV account separate
from BT.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You know Pow

I've don't like BT, back in the early Internet days I found their adverts to be deceitful (they redefined words to mean what they wanted them to mean, e.g unlimited was redefined to mean severely limited), condescending and underhanded. They always made you feel as if they were doing you a favour by taking your money. And when the telecoms  industry opened up they made it as difficult as possible to move to another company.

I will never (ever) buy any service directly from BT again, even if they were the last telecom company on earth.

UK Bob

johnbhoy1
Advocate

They did the same with me and i've just spent the last 2 hours trying to sort it. I got a retention deal with BT last Sunday night and all i kept with them was BT Sport. The guy said we'll link your NOW TV to BT while we're at it. I said ,  ''no you're ok i have NOW TV separate and have a good deal with them'' and he said that's ok this won't make any difference. Only found out when  i went on NOW TV tonight and they told me they could offer nothing as account was now though BT.  

I've cancelled NOW TV on BT and unlinked the accounts and BT have assured me this is the case. NOW TV have told me this takes a couple of days to happen and then it'll be a separate account again and i talk to them.

BT are at it here and i'm not happy about this. My current Entertainment ends on 23rd December and BT were then going to charge £8.99 for NOW TV Entertainment as an add on. I had passes for my separate account for 8 months Entertainment which were for less than half this amount a month which of course were automatically cancelled when BT got involved. Absolute charaltans. Thankfull NOW TV are going to honour them when the acounts are unlinked. I find NOW TV customer service excellent and think exactly the opposite of the BT sales mob.

I'm with BT and sadly am limited with who i can go with but i actually detest them. This is miss-selling. No other word for it!!

Gazz
Advocate

We're you able to u link accounts I'm trying to do the same thing 

Est
Mentor

I've had exactly a similar experience.

Linked my account as I was promised a good deal on the phone.

It has now transpired that I was miss-sold said package from a sales advisor over the phone and have lost the cheaper package I had with now TV paying full price. I am going through the process of cancelling all tv options via BT in order to unlink the accounts. 

Looks like nothing has changed in the years this post was created. 

Alex13
Advocate

I can only echo this - I was told linking Now TV to my existing BT account would be ideal - and I didn't see the harm in it at all at the time. I spoke to a Now TV advisor who was awesome and told me they could do a Sports package of 3 months for £20 per month. He said though this would not work if the account was linked to BT which I've tried to rescind. Speaking to BT I've been told to cancel anything I have with them to be able to use the offer. NEVER fall for linking it to BT trap.