cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nav
Advocate

Connection

My internet goes off every time it rains. I’ve contacted ‘NOWTV’ about this, they’ve reduced my payments for a certain amount of time, or given a discount for another fixed term contract. I’ve had an electrician out at my expense, to find if there is an internal fault, nothing has come from this. I was also paying for a tv service that I couldn’t/ did not use at all. The be tried the broadbands ‘technical support’ nothing is wrong with my connection. What do I do next? TIA 

4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Nav it could be that an underground junction box, the main box on the street or overhanging cables get water ingress when it rains. The problem could be a long way from your property.

You'll need Openreach to investigate so you need to impress upon Now that you need an engineer visit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=internet+goes+off+when+it+rains+uk&client=ms-android-oneplus&sxsrf=A...

Nav
Advocate

Thank you so much. Open-reach are in my area regularly. I just don’t know what to do. I cannot finish my online work because it goes off so frequently, I cannot entertain my young son for a short time either with tv, whilst finishing uni work. I’ll contact open reach in morning, it says they closed until 8am, thank you for your help! 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Nav you don't be able to contact Openreach yourself. You'll need Now to book an engineer visit on your behalf.

Use the number in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Jayach
Elite 3

As @Saint1976 says, it is up to Now to call out Openreach. Unfortunately with a fault like this it could take multiple call outs before they find and cure the fault.

Just keep badgering Now, until it is fixed.

Do you know if FTTP (Full Fibre) is in your area yet? Now don't use it, but if available, and Now don't get your line fixed, push to be allowed to leave penalty free, and join an ISP who does use it. (just about everybody but Now)