cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abbie2

Payment taken for memberships I haven’t signed up to.

I signed up for the entertainment package last month, and signed up for 6 months to make the monthly payments cheaper. I have just checked my bank and seen that I have also been charged for the cinema package AND boost (whatever that is) of which I signed up to neither. I tried using the online chat but every time I get as far as ‘request refund’ it says it needs more details from me then doesn’t tell me what details and doesn’t allow me to message back. The chat then times outs and my problem is unresolved. I need a refund for these items, how can I request one if the chat isn’t working?

5 REPLIES 5
redchiz1
Champion 2

If you had read the offer carefully you would have realised that you were also signing up to a free trial for Cinema and Boost, with an option to cancel before the trial periods expired. You clearly didn't notice this. To contact the support team, click on the green Chat online button near the top of the page here, that should avoid any bots and get you straight through to an agent. 

Elcomb

I have just discovered exactly the same!

This is a shameful business model.

I shall be cancelling all payments and IF I can get any meaningful response from Now TV, attempt to get a refund (I don't hold out much hope if this is how they attempt to treat customers 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Abbie2 @Elcomb 

Have a full read of this to explain what boost does.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

The 7 day free trial of both boost and cinema are clearly stated in the offer mentioned by @redchiz1 See this picture.

IMG_0015.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Abbie2 @Elcomb 

Now’s tactics here are the equivalent of using preticked boxes, which is deprecated, and quite possibly illegal.

Complain to Ofcom, as complaints to Now fall on deaf ears, and you as personally aggrieved parties can do this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Elcomb
I totally agree!