cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Basher
Advocate

Entertainment Membership - didn’t know I was paying

How can I find out when an Entertainment Membership was set up? I don’t recall having set it up and I’ve been charged for at least a year without viewing it once (as I did not know I had activated a membership). I’m sure NOWTV can see when I apparently set up the service, and last accessed it.

I only found out this evening as I was setting up my first Firestick with the NOW app, went to see how much it would be to watch Succession, and all the series were available to watch, with no charging details. I then went to the “account” menu and lo and behold I’ve had an Entertainment Membership for at least a year (that’s as far back as the records go that I can access). Complete surprise to me. 

I have not received any notifications from NowTV about any monthly auto renewals of this membership. I would like to challenge this “historical” membership and seek a refund. 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Basher 

You never ever get staff jumping on here throwing out refunds etc. This need to be done by yourself contacting staff directly via live chat or email.

In my opinion I have no idea that you had somehow never noticed extra payments coming out of your account outside of your normal bills. As I keep a close on my banking by checking it every few days to make sure it’s in line with what I have etc. 

Firstly put a payment PIN on your account, in case the membership was activated by mistake.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-pin-settings

Then go onto live chat and see what staff can do for you. Make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/cancel-or-renew-membership

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Basher 

Look at your past bank or credit card statements, online if you can, to see when the payments started. They are nicely labelled now, but in the past you may have to deduce what payment is for what membership from the payment recorded.

There are several ways you can find yourself with a membership you don’t remember taking out.

One is that Now threw in a ‘free trial’ of it when you bought a membership you did want, and that free trial turned into a paid subscription. The hallmark of this is an Entertainment payment coming out about seven days after the payment for another membership that you did intend to have.

Another way is that you didn’t have a Payment PIN set, and somebody took out an Entertainment membership on a device with your account open on it. Perhaps on a device that you own but which somebody else had access to, or on a device that you sold or gave away without wiping it first,

Now will generally refund a maximum of three months’ payments in cases like this, though you can try for more.

I guess my sig came too late for you 😢 (The last line is to shame Now into fixing the howling typos at the top of the Community, but has so far been equally ineffective).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Stop Press: the typos are gone!

And so, now will that line in my sig be gone…,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.