cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acbacb1
Advocate

Tried cancelling Entertainment Membership but it says I will be charged until August.

I have decided I want to cancel the membership as I do not think I will use NOW TV that much. Today, I managed to cancel my Cinema and Boost memberships, but I also want to cancel my Entertainment membership. I am currently within the free trial period so I have not been charged for anything yet. However, when I tried cancelling my Entertainment membership, it said it would be cancelled after 6 months of payment has been taken in August. As I am not going to be using this, I don't seem how that's fair and I do not want to be charged for something I will not be using. 

Any ideas on what to do?

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@acbacb1 

Read what you actually signed up for more carefully. There is no free trial of the primary membership you bought, and the discount you got was a quid pro quo because you signed up for six months.

Have a word with Live Chat though, and see if they will be sympathetic to your plight….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@acbacb1 

Sounds like you took the 6 month saver from the offers section of the website.
https://www.nowtv.com/offers

Also it is up to you to make sure what you are taking out meets your requirements and you can genuinely cancel anytime!
The offer and its T&C are VERY clear what is going on.

As @RoyB said people are often caught out by this and I sometimes don’t get it as the page is super clear. Plus you are thrown a 7 day free trial of cinema and boost, these are then £9.99 and £6 unless cancelled. 

For live chat you need to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/vouchers-and-offers

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help