cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ant42
Scholar

NowTV Boost price increase - will it apply for existing customers?

Forgive me if this has already been answered elsewhere, I haven't been able to find it.

I've only just found out that the Boost price has been increased from £3 to £5 per month for new customers. Does anyone know yet if this increase will be applied to existing customers at any point, or will the price remain at £3?

I ask because the only thing I use NowTV for is Formula 1. As the season (and my 9 month discount deal) has now finished I've just cancelled my sports pass, intending to resubscribe in March if there is a decent offer for next year. I was going to do the same with Boost, but was warned that I would lose my £3 per month "offer price" and would have to pay £5 per month if I resubscribed. If it's going to stay at £3 it will be cheaper to just leave it going.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Ant42 

If you only have F1, and you’ve cancelled it, then Boost will die when the Sports Pass dies.

Save up the £3/month you are no longer paying after that, and spring £5 of it for Boost when you next buy a Sports, or other, pass.

Then immediately start a Cancel on the Boost. You should get a retention offer for subsequent months, possibly £3, possibly better, possibly worse, but something at least.

Accept the retention offer instead of Cancelling. Even if it is worse than £3, those £3s you’ve been saving will keep you at better than break-even for a good while, going forward.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Ant42
Scholar

Community forum: 1

NowTV support: 0

As was correctly advised in this thread, and in complete contradiction to what NowTV themselves told me, I received the following email today:

You’ve cancelled your NOW Boost

We noticed that you recently cancelled your last qualifying NOW Membership. Because this means you no longer have any way to enjoy the benefits of full HD and surround sound, we’ve cancelled your NOW Boost for you.

Upgrade again any time

Don’t forget, if you fancy treating yourself to another Boost, it’s easy to upgrade again.

Next time you restart a membership in My Account, just select NOW Boost alongside it.

Bye for now,
The NOW Team

Boost has now disappeared from my account and shows at a cost of £5 per month to re-subscribe. Recent payments shows "Payment failed on 30 Dec 2021".

Oh well. I'll see what offers I can get if I decide to re-subscribe next year.

Thanks for the advice!

RoyB
Legend

@Ant42 

Thanks for the feedback.

Noted and quoted 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.