cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MortimerJazz
Mentor

Boost is dire

My partner was about to subscribe for six months - we’ve subscribed multiple times in the past and we’ve always been very happy with NowTV, often recommending it to others. We were really disappointed to find out about Boost - a very deceptive way to increase the bill by over 50% but required the ability to have two streams in one house. We decided to subscribe to NowTV for 1 month instead and trial Boost. The experience has been dreadfulWe only have 2 devices but have discovered that if we ‘dare’ stop a stream on one device to do something else we get locked out and are told we still have 2 devices streaming. So it’s badly implemented as well. This has totally lost us as customers, and instead of recommending NowTV we’ll be recommending people stay away. I’m sure we’re not alone in doing so. 

3 REPLIES 3
redchiz1
Champion 2

That is most odd, because Boost can support up to three devices streaming at the same time. 

MortimerJazz
Mentor

Thanks for replying. Yes, we saw that this was meant to be the case. While looking for a solution we also came across multiple other complaints about this, as well as the failure to end sessions and the apparent ‘lock out’ so we know we’re not alone. 

The ‘Boost’ addon is showing as being added to the account and we were able to stream on 2 devices initially. No other devices are logged in. We couldn’t find any option to see how many devices were supposedly connected, or any way to end existing sessions manually - which it a basic option made available when limited connections/sessions are permitted. 
It was also not made clear enough on sign-up that only one stream is allowed - I know it’ll be buried in the T&C but what an absolutely dire overall customer experience. If companies are going to go down this route they should make sure they offer basic features and sort out basic functionality. 

RoyB
Legend

@MortimerJazz 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices

(and scroll down)

”When you stop watching on your first device, make sure you exit the show or movie you were watching rather than just pressing pause, turning off the TV or closing the app. This will signal that the stream has ended.
If you don't do this, you might need to wait up to 10 minutes before you can start watching on another device.”

But it would take both of you not exiting properly to provoke this, and the first of you would get the third stream, and not encounter the error.

When at the end of your post you say ‘only one stream’, well, Boost gives you three streams, or it should; so what I think you are talking about is the lack of Profiles, so you can’t both be at different places in the same programme and go back to where you were, as the other user has overwritten the progress point. If so, yes this is a limitation of Now that has been frequently raised.

But if you think Boost isn’t working for you and giving you the promised three screens, it may be that your sessions count at Now has got corrupted, and never goes back to zero.

If so, talk to Live Chat to get this investigated and fixed.

You can contact Now via Live Chat from this link:-

Chat online

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that might well assist you in navigating the Help; but as you need to talk to Live Chat, you have already gone beyond that, and all the Nowbot can bring you is frustration.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.