cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zen
Advocate

Monthly broadband payments

I have been charged £23 for my broadband for the last 24 months then this evening they take out £43 for my monthly payment. I am hoping this is an error because they surly haven’t decide to up my payments £20 per month. Has anyone else had this problem ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Zen 

The price you are given is a discounted rate for a period of time. It is NOT a lifetime discount. 

Have a nosy at the good post from @chilli2 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
chilli2
Elite

When you signed up to Now you would have been under what is often refered to as a "contract" with Now broadband this lasts 12 months.

Towards the end of this 12 month period you would have received an email sent to the address you have registered with Now, confusiongly this will have come from Sky and have the title "news about your Now membership" or something like that.

If you discovered it then it would have contained some "offers" most of which would be more expensive than your current deal, and at the btoom in smaller text a do nothing offer, something along the lines of do nothing and pay the same for 12 months , after this period expires your prices will almost double as you have found out.

So what happened - either you didnt check your email, you missed it, you have an old email address on the system, and/or its gone in spam.

What to do next? shop around, see what else is available and then  if you are happy with Nows service see if they will put you onto a better deal, if not then its time to move to another ISP

Zen
Advocate

This is where the plot thickens…. I have had this account with NOW for 3 years and always paid the same monthly amount. I may have to do some digging around for better deals 

thank you for your advice 👍🏻

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Zen 

The price you are given is a discounted rate for a period of time. It is NOT a lifetime discount. 

Have a nosy at the good post from @chilli2 

Zen
Advocate

Very helpful thank you 

gizz
Scholar

I had the same issue and i got the email which clearly stated that to stay on the current price i can "DO NOTHING".  Been going back and forth with them about their misleading email, and raised numerous complaints but they don't budge because apparently to accept the offer i needed to call and accept it by a certain date - so why did the email say DO NOTHING to stay on the deal i was on which had been £22.99 but went up to £26.49 which i was happy to pay.  I showed the email to a friend who works for the consumers association and they agreed the e-mail was misleading and said I should complete the complaints process and then raise the complait to CISAS. Problem is NOW keep closing my complaint and not following their own complaints code of practise, and never once letting me speak to anyone in the complaints department so i can ask for their final response in writing and escalate the complaint.  Their complaints process is a shambles.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gizz 

To follow up from @chilli2 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/changes-to-your-broadband-membership

chilli2
Elite

the £22.99 to £26.99 is/was the £3.50/month rise that was levied upon everyone , you should have notification of this in a separate email .

I received the information about your acocunt email from this email address:

sky at notifications dot contact dot sky

it lists a few "deals" all of which are more than i was/am paying with a do nothing at the bottom

and at the bottom of this

I had this:

"This includes discounts totalling £23.00 a month. Your first discount will expire 01/03/2024.

Keeps rolling unless cancelled, cancel anytime."

So reading that i can expect my bill to go up by £23 a month from the 1st of March 2024 unless they offer a new deal. So instead of paying £24.50 a month, my April bill will be £47.50 without any deal being offered.

So come February its time to start looking elsewhere to see what sort of prices the competition are offering , and if Now dont offer a new deal then its time to call them to haggle - and if the competition are significantly cheaper then quote those deals at Now and if they refuse to match or better those deal go elsewhere.