cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbb
Mentor

Just had an agent hang up on me

Conversation was "I wasn't informed of that price increase" . agent then hung up on me. What the heck has gone wrong with NOWTV. You increase my bill to £24.50, do NOT notify me, then when I ask why the operator hangs up on me after I have to wait 30 minutes for the call to be answered.

I want customer complaints team to listen to that call and let me know why this happened.

20 REPLIES 20
redchiz1
Champion 2

All customers should have been notified in advance. Have you checked your emails from May/June for one from Sky? Look at your junk/spam folders also. If you want to complain call 0800 759 1213.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Nobody from NOW will respond on here by the way. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dbb 

You need to call the broadband team. As @redchiz1 mentions nothing will get sorted on here.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@dbb wrote:

Conversation was "I wasn't informed of that price increase" . agent then hung up on me. 

To be honest, they are probably hearing that hundreds of times a day, at the moment.

They probably just didn't want to go through the same thing again.

dbb
Mentor

I have a complaint in regarding it, then its off to the ombudsman. I wasnt given the chance to leave without charge due to the fact I never received notification of the increase. Its my intention, like may others, to leave.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Have you looked for a relevant email as I mentioned earlier? 

Jayach
Elite 3

Do let us know how it goes, I'm sure Ofcom/CISAS will side with the consumer on this.

Resolve a Telecoms (CISAS) Complaint - CEDR | Submit online

redchiz1
Champion 2

Unless NOW can demonstrate that the appropriate email was sent. 

chilli2
Elite

My price has gone up as well - however even with the price rise its still the best value ( ie cheapest ) deal i can get .

As with all things you need to keep an eye on what you are paying and for what , and  keeping tracks on alternatives if you are out of ( minimum term) contract or nearly out of it .

You should have had an email sent to the same email address held on your account , again if you have changed email address , or that email address is no longer functioning then you need to keep your details up to date

The email notifying you of the price rises should have come from Sky, and will be titled

From Sky

subject: Your Now Broadband membership is changing

If your email address is not working, or it has gone in the spam folder, or you have not provided an up to date email address that works then its your own lookout.

As ever you should see what the new price offer is, and if you are near or at the end, or beyond the end  of your minimum term period shop around to see what else is available , and if you are out of contract, and/or not in a deal then keep an eye on who charges what and if other ISPs are cheaper use that the try and get a deal with Now, and if Now wont match them move to another ISP