cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancelled SKY Cinema 7 day free trial yesterday, but charged full amount today

Hi there,

I am really annoyed that I have been charged for another month of SKY Cinema at £9.99 for the month. I cancelled yesterday, before the 7 day free trial was over, so why am I being charged? How do I get reimbursed for something that I am not going to use?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Did you get a cancellation email? 

Was it this trial that you took out? If so the £9.99 was for the entertainment membership.

579DAF0E-28C6-42CA-8581-6DEA8DD3DA1B.jpeg

Which means you’ll also need to cancel boost as you get a 7 day free trial of that too.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @gavs82008, thanks for getting back to me.

No it was just an in-app offer of a 7-day trial of Sky Cinema. Used it to watch 1 movie that we wanted to see, and I cancelled it yesterday. Didn’t receive any cancellation email though.

I see that there is also a New Boost Membership in my account too (which I didn’t notice yesterday), so maybe I had to cancel that too in order for the Sky Cinema to be fully cancelled?

I already have a monthly Entertainment pass which I have had for over 3 years.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Generally speaking if you don’t receive an email confirmation saying the membership has been cancelled I would assume it’s not completed the cancellation process. 
Each membership is separate. So you could have a boost membership active on your account and any other memberships being inactive. 

All active memberships would need to be cancelled separately regardless of what you cancel. 

For any chance of refunds you need to jump onto live chat and speak with staff. Just make sure you click “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Boost can be very helpful if you are fed up with third party adverts. Or if you want 5.1 sound along with 1080p and 3 streams instead of 1.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You also need to be aware that although the Free Trial indeed lasts 7 days, Now may kick off the billing cycle the day before, due to the time the processing takes.

You will always get the full 7 days, no matter how early you cancel, so it’s best to cancel as soon as you know you are going to want to, and never leave it until the last day.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.