cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misomiso
Advocate

Charged for Entertainment Pass but account not active

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me with this.

Yesterday I signed up for a rolling monthly Entertainment Pass through the Now Tv movile app, paying £9.99 via Apple. The money is showing as debited from my account but each time I log in to the app I receive a message saying "Unable to complete purchase". I've received this message every time I try to log in for 2 days straight now. When I try to watch a tv show I'm presented with a pop up asking me to pay £9.99...again.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app a number of times. I've also enabled full location access for the app. I'm annoyed as 2 days have already gone by and I haven't been able to watch a single show.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@misomiso 

The usual reason for this is that you aren’t using the account name and password that you set up for Now, but the error you are getting points to something else.

However, double-check those login details, and if still no go, contact Now Live Chat to get this sorted, via:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.