cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled within time limit - still charged

I all,

I logged on to my account & cancelled my nowTV entertainment pass - as today was the expiration date.

Yet my bank is still showing £8.99 being taken from my account.

Clearly something is't quite right.

NowTV - please help.

Warmest regards,

Zodi

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I also cancelled the passes after free trail and still been charged £11.99 and £8.99. I did submit the complaint form on the website but haven’t heard anything back. Their chat box doesn’t allows you to chat to anyone, there is no contact number. To me it looks like big scam, every genuine company has a contact number even in lockdown but now tv hasn’t got any contacts. If you please find any contact please do let me know.

Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Did you get any resolution on this?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have send messages to them twice but no reply back, if you do get any reply please let me know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just been done again this month for sky cinema and entertainment packages. It appears that when you use a MONTH voucher from Amazon you are setting up a subscription which isn't made clear. You think you are paying for a month and it will then stop! I've no doubt it's in the small print but not made completely clear when you click that you have to manually cancel, a very poor way of doing business but then it's owned by SKY who are sharks anyway.

What's worse is it takes 10 minutes of ###### around with the stick and hdmi ports to get it working some days, the technology is cheap rubbish that they churn out in numbers without giving a ###### about the customer, again SKY all over. 0 out of 5 for customer service. I'd get hold of your bank and cancel any direct debit to ensure they can't take the money, I've had to do that with THREE mobile service as they keep charging me in the same way for add ons I don't want and have cancelled, they are all sharks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Now TV has processed a refund for the over charge. Go to their complaint section and write the issues, hopefully they will sort it out for you too. Thanks 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User  (and anyone else watching this thread)

Trials need to be cancelled at least 24 hours before they expire, or else the combination of NowTV requesting payment for the next day and the banks’ response to this may have already lumbered into action.

Personally, my advice is to cancel a trial straight away once you have started it; It’s really just the continuation you are cancelling, so you still get your full 7 day trial.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It’s more the fact that you think you are buying what’s stated to be a months tv but you are actually buying the discounted first month of a eternal subscription!
No doubt it’s in the small print but it’s wrong although legal and scrapes past trading standards most likely.
Typical SKY.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

No, you are buying the first month of a continuing subscription, something that it would be difficult for NowTV to make any clearer I think, but a subscription you can cancel any time, even in the first minute that you bought it, but which will still run for that first month, but only for that first month.

What NowTV could make clearer, though, is that even though a seven day free trial is just that, it may start turning into a paid subsequent month before the seven days is up, if you haven’t cancelled it before then.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.