cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

invalid user details message in iPad app

I can login to my account via the internet i.e. Safari. I select a film and message states you must use the app. When I login to the app a message states that my user details are incorrect! It's the same problem as many people on this forum are having! 

Ipad Air 1 OS 9.1 and I have tried rebooting and I have reinstalled the NowTV app.

I can view fine on my Xbox and a MacBook Pro. This issue only affects the IPad App, just like all the other users who have recently raised issues. There seems to be a general problem here.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

This issue should now be resolved.

Can you let us know if you're still having this issue?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry Simon,

Its exactly the same issue, I cannot login to the App - error: "the signin details are not recognised"

I can see that someone in IT removed my iPad from the authorised devices list which is logical, but unfortunately it didn't work.

Judging by the number of complaints on this forum which have been raised recently there must be a wider issue here.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same issues! I can log in on web page but can't log in to the app to watch anything! There is obviously a wider problem here. Can you please fix my account ASAP. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Thanks for re-posting, sorry to hear this. can you try deleting the app and then re-installing for us please. Also clearing the cache from the app and try again.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Deleted and re-added and it's the same.

Please clarify your request... How does one clear the cache in the app exactly? It does not appear as a listed app in settings so I am at a loss here.

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In response to an email from Karl from the help desk as follows;

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when trying to use your device.

Can you please let me know if you are still encountering this issue and if you can try to sign in on any other device?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Karl
NOW TV Team

My reply is as follows;

Funnily enough Karl the problem is indeed still the same, as it is still the same for the multiple other users all reporting the same issue! And to be honest I'm getting a bit sick and tired of being fobbed off with the 'it should be alright now' or the other favourite 'can you delete the app and reinstall' solution!!

It seems that no one in your department wants to take ownership of this problem and it is absolutely inconceivable, given the number of complaints you are receiving regarding the same issue, that your help desk is not aware of a general problem with the app itself!!

It would be far more acceptable in my humble opinion, to state that you know about an issue with the app and are working towards a solution instead of fobbing people off with supposed fixes which do nothing but aggravate a multitude of already frustrated users!!

Fortunately, this is a free 14 day trial period for me though needless to say it has not been a positive experience! Your company has until my trial period expires on the 29th of November after which I will cancel my pass and look for another provider.

All the best,
andyp68

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't know how to clear the cache please explain. Also I have deleted the app and reinstalled. This didn't work.

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can someone please solve this issue for me!?!? This seems incredible that so many people have the same issue!!! Please help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello.... Please can you help resolve this issue. I presume from the inconvenience caused I will be compensated with extra on my account?