cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv app failed to play

I have just tried using the now tv app and for some reason it will not play any video (error code 800401e3), I have tried the sugestions of updating all my drivers and it did nothing. I then decided to go back to using the browser version but I found it counts as a separate device so the browser version is no longer a registered device, so I tried to contact live chat to sort this out as technically it is the same device but whenever I try all I get is "Connection Lost: Please check your local connection". Any help with getting the app to work or contacting live chat would be appreciated thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you've had issues with this. Can you try to view on another device now. In regards to the app can you delete and then re-install again. Also can you try rebooting your router. 

Can you check the steps here for Silverlight which could be causing the problems. 

You can contact livechat here if you wish also. 

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried these steps it appears to be a problem with the now tv windows app, I have no problem with the now tv box or on PS3. I would just switch back to the browser version but it has counted it as a seperate device so I had to unregister to try the app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

is there any way I could get additional device changes so i could go back to the browser version

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have changes still available, please remove an unwanted device and add the one you wish to use.

You can do this via the "Manage Devices" section of "My Account" on the NOW TV Home Page.

If you have any further problems, please re-post and we'll look into it further for you.

Thanks 🙂

Robert

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have managed to switch back to the browser version thank you.

I do now have a much more annoying problem it doesn't remember the device I used, so when I go to watch something it tells me I have reached my device limit again. I went through all the extra device changes because I thought it was the browser I was using but every time I shut down my computer the same issue, device limit reached. Is it only able to remember the system using cookies as that is the only reason I can think of.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

I'll take a look for you then send you an email once I've looked over the devices.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team