cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cant watch anything on laptop

I have only recently got the nowtv service, have it on my parents tv with a roku stick no problems at all, once I realised the account allows for multiple devices I gave it a go on my pc and again all I had to do was log in and I could watch away.  But getting to work on a laptop seems impossible, im running windows 7 64 bit and in firefox I get the error "No silverlight support", ive followed every "guide" ive found uninstalled and reinstalled both firefox and silverlight, set it to always activate in plugins, ran the Ninite Firefox Silverlight Installer,set an exception in avast, used firefox refresh option but still get the error.  Tried in internet explorer I click the play icon and it brings up a box and says loading but that instantly closes and I get the error "There was an error starting the video stream. For more info please go to nowtv.com/help" 

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

right so when im trying to load a prgramme to watch the loading symbol basically doesnt go away. nothing loads at all and its been like this for around 2 weeks. ive taken all devices off my wifi thinking maybe they were slowing it down but it hasnt helped. im trying to watch it on my laptop, with windows 7 operating system. payment has been taken, im signed into my account. my internet speed is fine. ive tried everything, if it doesnt get resolved im simply going to cancel my account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear about this issue.

Could be a number of reasons why this is happening.

For Windows 7 you need to use a browser to view NOW TV, Firefox work's best, please make sure that you have enabled Silverlight from within the Add On's section of the menu.

The other thing that may stop you from watching could be down to your internet provider, if you are using a shared WI-FI service such as a residential block, student halls or a workplace, they may have restrictions in place to stop streaming services such as NOW TV. 

Out of curiosity who is your provider for internet ?

Thanks

Andy