cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cant watch anything on laptop

I have only recently got the nowtv service, have it on my parents tv with a roku stick no problems at all, once I realised the account allows for multiple devices I gave it a go on my pc and again all I had to do was log in and I could watch away.  But getting to work on a laptop seems impossible, im running windows 7 64 bit and in firefox I get the error "No silverlight support", ive followed every "guide" ive found uninstalled and reinstalled both firefox and silverlight, set it to always activate in plugins, ran the Ninite Firefox Silverlight Installer,set an exception in avast, used firefox refresh option but still get the error.  Tried in internet explorer I click the play icon and it brings up a box and says loading but that instantly closes and I get the error "There was an error starting the video stream. For more info please go to nowtv.com/help" 

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Avast is falsing flagging a file used alongside Silverlight.
I'd suggest whitelisting NOW TV. See my handy guide here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

unfortunately ive already followed your guide, but the problem persists

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

Can you please provide us the following information so we can get this looked into a bit further:

1. Make and model of the laptop?
  2. OS version?
  3. Silverlight version?
  4. Browsers you have tried and versions?
  5. When did you first get this error?
  6. Do any other services that use Silverlight work?

We look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dell l502x

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Silverlight 5.1.41212.0

Internet explorer 11 and firefox 45.01

Tuesday 29th March

Yes, other services that use silverlight work fine

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Please can someone help? Feeling a tad frustatrated to say the least as just shelled out for a monthly sub at 30+ squids and it doesn't work??  I've just signed up for Skysports using Now Tv so that I can watch the PNB Paribas Tennis. When I clicked to watch it asked me to download silverlight, whichi I have now done twice and it fails to play eve?

rytime asking me to download silverlight. It also seems impossible to contact anyone for help on Now TV website. If anyone out there can help me I'd be massively grateful.

My laptop model is: MacBook Air, working on Sierra 10.12

Help me please before I go into laptop meltdown.

Many thanks.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

In Safari try the following

1. Go to the NOW TV website and try to play a film, sports channel or TV programme (depending on your pass).
2. While the programme is trying to load (or you get a message about Silverlight) , go to Safari>Preferences> Security> Plugin Settings

3. Make sure Silverlight is ticked on the left of the pane, and make sure watch.nowtv.com is listed on the right of the pane, and set it to On

4. Click Done, restart Safari and see if that helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

cant watch anything on my laptop that is registered - i select a programme and the box opens then it sit blank with no time line.

Was working perfectly until today

error "There was an error starting the video stream. For more info please go to nowtv.com/help" 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

cant watch anything on my laptop that is registered - i select a programme and the box opens then it sit blank with no time line.

Was working perfectly until today

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  can you give a little more information?  Are you trying to watch via website or app?  Is your laptop Windows 10?    Who is your internet provider?  Who is your virus software?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.