cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments. Service updates can be found on our

I'm a new subscriber and having connection issues. I have installed the latest versions of Firefox, Silverlight, refrehed,restarted and all of the suggested steps yet the connection problem persists. I'm running Windows Vista. Please help.

12 REPLIES 12
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with your device. 

Can you please let me know what this error occurs? Is it as soon as you sing into the app or when you try to play content? 

Are you playing Movies, Entertainment or Sports? Is it Live or On Demand? 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Karl-F

It's an Entertainment subscription, and the error occurs after attempting to obtain lisence appears on screen, for both On Demand and Live TV.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Would you be able to let us know if you're using any kind of VPN or are currently outside the UK, or in shared accommodation? 

Could you also confirm if you have any connected to the PC such as a TV or secondary monitor.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @Simon-J

I'm not using a VPN,  only the monitor is connected to my PC and I live in the UK, in my own home.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried it in Internet Explorer as well? (IE9)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous User

IE9 fails to load the NOW TV page correctly, and prompts me to upgrade to IE11, which isn't supported with Vista.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issues. Tried to view Game of Thrones and got this error message "There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments. Service updates can be found on our community." Then spoke to someone on Live Chat who didn't seem to know and suggested I change my password. I figured the problem might resolve itself overnight so tried again today, but same problem. I dont want to spend hours trying to resolve this. I just want to watch TV shows. I have tried Internet Explorer which didnt work at all, so downloaded Firefox as recommended. This is the browser I am using. I looked for the app but havent managed to download this. Clearly this issue is happening a lot so it would be great if NowTV could resolve this so that we are not wasting money on a subscription we cannot use. Playback does work on my phone, but I am not going to watch shows on my phone. Want to use my laptop. Please help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this.

Just wondering if you use BT for your Internet service ? If you do can you disable smart set up from within your routers settings.

Please see this link here for information on how to do this. 

If your not with BT can you let me know who your provider is so I can look at this for you.

Thanks

Andy

Legend 5
Legend 5

Check your PC is set to show you are in the UK too. Someone else found their PC showed they were in the USA.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.