cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668

NOW TV app for Roku updated this morning - nice new colour scheme by the way - but the issue continues (as observed by watching Cricket on SS2 since 10:30 today)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem with trying to wtach the Lions games.  We are on Infinity and nver have any buffering issues with any other programme or gamming.  Is this a common fault on Now TV?  Seems unuasbale to me.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Late to this thread - but it seems that this is a common issue acroass the board with Now TV.  I have subscribed to  watch the Lions tour.  Three or fours times every 30 mins the picture will freeze and then hang.  Only resolution is to exit Now TV and restart.  Would like to see some explanation from Now TV and some clarity on how there are gouing to resolve the iosue prior to informing the regulator.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's the model number of your LG smart television?
  • What's the 'Software Version' number? of your LG smart television?
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • If you have an webOS based LG television, have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app?
  • How is your 'smart' television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?
  • Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your LG television?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If the freezing that people are experiencing is a momentary one where the sound continues then you should look in the other dedicated thread that is now 11 pages long. That issue has been unresolved for 6 months and the @Anonymous User refuse to acknowledge it as an issue.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

This topic may be long. So-far there are 28 unique posters who have lodged a complaint...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

This topic may be long. So-far there are 28 unique posters who have lodged a complaint...

And still no official response from the NowTV Team to the 28 posters who have posted here.

Good customer practice would at least acknowledge a customers complaint, even if they believe that there is no issue their end with their service. 

@schnapps wrote:

And still no official response from the NowTV Team to the 28 posters who have posted here.

Good customer practice would at least acknowledge a customers complaint, even if they believe that there is no issue their end with their service. 

So I'm hazarding a guess that bad customer practice would be the opposite? To ignore a customer's complaint?

If so, I think we are getting a feel for what we are dealing with here!

@Anonymous User@Karl-Fplease feel free to bring this thread to the attention of any of your colleagues, managers etc (so that they can have a good laugh and also join the merry band at NOW TV who are ignoring this thread...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had some contact from Now TV help on twitter. They have said they are looking into the problem but not convinced it will help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got a new 1 month sports pass last night as there are a few things coming up that I want to watch. I watched the 9 ball pool masters on sky sports 5 last night and the problem was as evident as ever. Can't recall ever watching anything on SS5 before but it obviously suffers just like the other channels when watching live sports. It would be fine for anything up to 20 mins but then it could occur twice in the space of 1 minute then again a few minutes later then be fine for another 15 mins. It's very random.

Obviously the words of wisdom from the support team who de-registered my Chromecast and suggested trying again after re-registering had no effect as I knew it wouldn't.