cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am just getting the channel loading page... it's not going past the rotating icon to load the channel. Expecting a full refund as I have this package to watch the Lions which is already being missed.

lockmatt
Expert 2

@SeeMoreDigital so 28 customers that are being ignored,so 28 is not enough? this is a joke that now tv cant be bothered to sort this ongoing issue since january YES JANUARY

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This made me laugh- customer service shining through lol
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was promised an e-mail from Now TV tech team days ago about this issue.

I've since sent two e-mails, both been ignored thus far.

I would not recommend the sports passes to anyone, and if anyone reading this thread is thinking of buying one, I'd think twice. 

Dreadful streaming issues, non-existent customer service.

Now TV want your money but are not prepared to provide a service fit for purpose.

ken242
Expert

these email come in like buses weight for long time for one then you 6 come to all together like on sunday i about 7 email all in one day about this problem the feezing but i gree with you about not getting a sports pass i got up to the 31st befor i ccan cancel my pass but as i put in my last post above my wife what me to go back to sky beccause she had enough 

stammie1609
Expert

Its patently obvious from the imbecillic scripted replies we get from customer services and the total lack of any Now TV staff posting in this thread that they have no intention of fixing an issue now into its eighth month!

Perhaps we could all petition the High Court and Premier League into including Now TV in the block list of dodgy IPTV services serving up Premier League football!!!

It kind of makes me laugh that I can bastardise my 212 mbps connection by firing up a VPN and using a legit overseas service and get a better quality of viewing experience over the expensive Now TV service.

I guess they really don't want regular subscribers for the sports service and are just happy to sell day and weeks passes, then wonder why many of those customers don't come back.

ken242
Expert

i see you cart email the now tv team it gone down   you can just go on live chat i been on there 4 too 6 time in the not going on anymore all you get his  the some thing over again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thinking about it the responses from the NOW TV (Un) Help Team are almost too robotic. Could it be that they don't even use actual humans to respond but use some fancy computer software that tricks us customers by just spitting out random automated replies. Sounds a bit far fetched I know but the fact no one at NOW TV has fronted up to any of us after a staggering 8 months of complaints makes me very suspicious.

ken242
Expert

anyone got the Entertainment pass i just brouht this up because i went to bed last night and i put on my now tv on an did not go in to sport i went  in to the Entertainment channels and had it on itv  encore and the picture just freez for some time i try anther channel  and it just freezed so i turnd the now tv off this is problom spreading ?

@ken242 wrote:

anyone got the Entertainment pass i just brouht this up because i went to bed last night and i put on my now tv on an did not go in to sport i went  in to the Entertainment channels and had it on itv  encore and the picture just freez for some time i try anther channel  and it just freezed so i turnd the now tv off this is problom spreading ?

Have not had any instance of this problem on the Entertainment pass (although we only use the Entertainment pass for catch-up and on-demand, we don't use Live Channels).