cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

First thing I did was to attach this thread to the e-mail.

Still got the standard script.

lockmatt
Expert 2

THE ISSUE IS STILL ONGOING!!! AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM NOW TV.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@lockmatt wrote:

@Tony-D @Graham-S

Can you guys offer some help here? 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@lockmatt wrote:

@Tony-D @Graham-S

Can you guys offer some help here? 

Be nice if they did, seeing as how @Anonymous User has consistently ignored this thread for the past 6 months!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't received another reply from them and I sent my last email on Sunday. I think I'll send another in a bit, for what good it'll do.

I've sort of lost the will to go on with the battle over this issue now.

I've no doubt it will get fixed  - eventually! In their own sweet time...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for contacting NOW TV.

I can understand how it feels when something like this happens. Don't worry, i will try my best to sort this out for you.

I am sorry for the hassle cost. I suggest you try restarting it and then try watching it again. It normally happens as it is a live streaming content.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject li

The prattle, above, is what Now TV considers a reasonable response to a specific technical issue. Pathetic!!! I've recieved three of these type of e-mails to date. Now TV are having a laugh with this. 

I've asked Now TV for a copy of their formal complaints procedure. Not taking this lying down anymore. I've had enough. 

Does anyone know who regulates Now TV services? For example Financial Ombudsman settles financial disputes. Must be an equivalent for tech companies?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After several emails back and forth from support with the usual questions being asked multiple times, this is the final response:

"Thank you replying us back.

I have removed the Chrome cast on the account which was expired on 11/06/2017 on the account, granted you 2 device change so that you add the device back and enjoy watching that.

Please log out from the device and login back on the account so that you can watch that.

If you still face same issue please get back to us so that we will help you with few more steps to resolve this issue.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number"

As you can see, utterly useless. I gave a link to this thread but obviously the support team are not capable of doing anything other than suggesting "turn it off and on" and "deregister the device and re-register it".

@Anonymous User when are you going to respond to this?? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV have just sent me an email wanting my "valuable feedback" on my recent "customer support experience". Ha. Feel sorry for whoever has to read my comments.