cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Come on @Anonymous User ! At least, acknowledge that this thread has been noted.

I would like to say I am surprised by the lack of acknowledgement.  But I'm not.  

@Anonymous User wrote:

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Come on @Anonymous User ! At least, acknowledge that this thread has been noted.

I would like to say I am surprised by the lack of acknowledgement.  But I'm not.  

What does a good business do when a customer has a problem?

It acknowledges that problem, investigates it with a view to resolving it.

Why does it do that?

Because it fosters a good relationship between customer and business.

It shows respect to the customer.

This in turn generates a sense of goodwill back to the business from the customer.

What does a bad business do when a customer has a problem?

It does nothing.

Maybe it sticks its finger in it s ear and sings "la la la I'm not listening" and/or buries its head in the sand, pretends it's not happening and hopes it will all blow over.

One thing it does not do is stick it's hand up and say "yeah, something's not right, we'll investigate".

Why does it do that?

Who knows. Because ignoring customer complaints shows no respect to the customer and generates nothing in return but contempt for the business by the customer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is beyond parody now.

Same issue during Sky F1 race, last night.

I'm steaming mad this issue has not even been acknowledged, let alone resolved.

Formal complaint going in, and if not resolved, then going to look for who regulates these jokers.

Who fancies writing into BBC Watchdog programme about these jokers?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've messaged several mods and NowTv workers on the forum but been ignored. Awful service. I can only think they have been told to ignore us as it's a major issue. Or can't be bothered.
stammie1609
Expert

Yesterday's F1 race via the F1 channel worked perfectly for me, this is this is the first time I haven't seen the issue for over a month.

Its strange others suffered it though.

Guess I'll find out if this was just a temporary blip when I watch the cricket on Wednesday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just recieved an e-mail back from 'technical support' which fails to address my specific concerns.

They have just provided a script about buffering from the self-help section of their website and asked for my internet speed, which I provided in the e-mail they responded to.

I can honestly say, I thought BT were bad, but this is on a new level of incompetence, stupidity and obtuseness. 

What is wrong with you, NOW TV? What a complete joke of a service.

Replied to the e-mail but patience fast wearing out. This is not going away NOW TV. Address the issue!!!

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've just recieved an e-mail back from 'technical support' which fails to address my specific concerns.

They have just provided a script about buffering from the self-help section of their website and asked for my internet speed, which I provided in the e-mail they responded to.

I can honestly say, I thought BT were bad, but this is on a new level of incompetence, stupidity and obtuseness. 

What is wrong with you, NOW TV? What a complete joke of a service.

Replied to the e-mail but patience fast wearing out. This is not going away NOW TV. Address the issue!!!

Agreed, it's not a buffering issue!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

There is no one to contact regarding an issue being experienced by a significant number of users.  I suspect the front line technical support aren't aware of the bigger picture so just respond with what they see as the obvious fix. If you email them again, may I suggest sending them the link to this thread so they are aware of the wider impact and can escalate it.  

My experience with  Now is that they do try to help though understandably don't know everything.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Lost count of the number of times that this freezing issue occurred this morning during the Lions game.

So frustrated with this streaming sports service, nowtv need to sort this out urgently (no problems whatsoever with your entertainment & movies services).

IMO there is definitely a technical issue at nowtv's end with your sports streaming service (please sort this out and stop ignoring customers who have been posting here).

Would appreciate that nowtv at least acknowledge customers who are experiencing this issue that you are having some sort of technical difficulties and you are hopefully investigating a fix to this on going problem which numerous community members have raised.

Or are you in total denial that there is no problems your end with the sports streaming service and everything is working perfectly fine where nothing needs to be done by nowtv ? 

IMO good customer service would be to keep your subscribers in the communication loop either way. 

Await your reply in anticipation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

IMO there is definitely a technical issue at nowtv's end with your sports streaming service

The same thing happens with Sky Go.  I suspect it is the Sky servers, but need someone in Now TV to escalate it to them.