cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668

Look at their faces! They ain't bovvered...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone else suffering these issues, please post your problems.

This is scandulous and needs fixing with so many suffering from this problem.

I'm amazed at Now Tv, and their arrogance ignoring this issue. 

8 pages of companing about this issue. When will Now Tv start looking into it? When we get to 30 pages?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sent an email to support last night detailing the issue and referring to these 8 pages of complaints.

I specifically told them that I use a Chromecast 2 connected via ethernet and one of the questions they've come back with is "what device are you trying to watch on with your chromecast?".

How about taking a wild stab in the dark......MY TV OF COURSE. Do they think i've dropped it into my fish tank or something!?!?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same sort of response.

They will consider every possibility, except the possibility it is their issue.

I'm waiting on a further response, but if they don't take it seriously then I'll just have go through formal complaints route.

Very fed up with companies like Now TV. They never listen, customer service is rubbish. 

Like I said. Are they bovvered? They ain't bovvered!

Anyway, to keep the momentum going and (hopefully) get this thread flagged as a hot topic (which is what happens & what they will see in the weekly management summary, when there is a lot of activity in a thread), as many people as possible who are seeing and experiencing this issue need to keep posting - regular and often!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got a reply telling me to reset my Now TV box which I had already done and to reinstall the app on my iPad, which I'd already told them appeared to be working fine.  They didn't suggest anything to resolve the problem on either of my Chromecasts.  It's still happening now watching the F1.  I fear this will never be fixed tbh. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Today I had the opportunity to watch Now (Ireland game) and via Sky Sports website (Wales game http://www.skysports.com/watch/sky-sports-1).  Interestingly the pauses were worse on the Sky Sports website and near non -existant on Now TV (just one mini pause less than one second).   I suspect the servers are to blame, but the pause on the smart box seems to allieviate the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watched the F1 tonight and decided to watch via Sky Sports 2 for a change rather than the dedicated F1 channel. I counted the problem happened 11 times in the first 30 minutes or so and then I stopped counting. It continued to happen for the rest of the programme but appeared to be a bit less frequent but just as annoying. 

Watched first half of Serbia v Wales (Sky Sports 1) last night via NOW TV Smart box and the issue was observed.

mrs_necessitor watched the F1 Canada race last night via Roku 2 and also observed the issue.

As far as I can tell, the issue is only affecting live TV - can only comment about sports, as we don't watch entertainment or movies via live TC. We do watch entertainment & movies via catch-up/on demand but it doesn't seem to affect those (well, if it does, we've never ever seen it).

Boxes are all up to date with both system software & app version. Our internet connection is Sky Fibre Broadband and according to the Samknows white box (which constantly monitors and tests the connection) it's pulling a steady download speed of 60Mbps-61Mbps day & night. As somebody else mentioned, the problem is most likely at the server end.

Come on @Anonymous User ! At least, acknowledge that this thread has been noted.

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Watched first half of Serbia v Wales (Sky Sports 1) last night via NOW TV Smart box and the issue was observed.

mrs_necessitor watched the F1 Canada race last night via Roku 2 and also observed the issue.

As far as I can tell, the issue is only affecting live TV - can only comment about sports, as we don't watch entertainment or movies via live TC. We do watch entertainment & movies via catch-up/on demand but it doesn't seem to affect those (well, if it does, we've never ever seen it).

Boxes are all up to date with both system software & app version. Our internet connection is Sky Fibre Broadband and according to the Samknows white box (which constantly monitors and tests the connection) it's pulling a steady download speed of 60Mbps-61Mbps day & night. As somebody else mentioned, the problem is most likely at the server end.

Come on @Anonymous User ! At least, acknowledge that this thread has been noted.

PS. And everything referred to above for NOW TV viewing here is connected via ethernet. (We only use wifi for devices that don't have an ethernet connection - smartphones and tablets).