cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noeler
Advocate

my viewing country

I want to watch the English commentary but I am stuck watching USA tv can I change

9 REPLIES 9
Jayach
Elite 3

I believe they still speak English in the USA. 🤣

But seriously, we would need more info on what (and how) you are watching to make any suggestions.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @noeler 

Are you referring to the Ryder Cup Golf commentary by any chance?

noeler
Advocate

Yes schnapps, would like to listen to the UK commentary as like all the other years. Just wondering if I can change to the UK,Thanks

RoyB
Legend

Thanks @noeler  thats the what, and I understand why you want the UK rather than the US commentary, as these things can get a bit partisan.

But what app are you watching on, on what device, and is the device set for the UK rather than the US?

I’m assuming Sky Sports on the Now app, but when I assume, I make an ass of u and me…..😢

NB: Anybody who assumes (that word again!) that the UK and US speak a common language is invited to interpret “I’m mad about my flat” as said, respectively, by a UK person and a US person 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @noeler 

I thought you was referring to the Ryder Cup Golf when i saw your avatar photo and also reading this thread in the link below over on the Sky forum.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/On-sky-sports-main-I-m-watching-the-Ryder-cup-golf-coverage-a... 

I don't watch golf myself, but one of the posters in the above link mentioned that when the matches get underway this morning Sky may swap to their Sky commentary.

I just tried Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Golf channel and currently there seems to a combination of British and American commentators going on their accents.

Like I said because I don't watch Golf I have no idea if they are employed by Sky UK or are on the American TV network.

If they are from the American TV network and both Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Golf channels are the same with regards to audio commentary then unfortunately there is nothing you can do your end with your NOW TV settings.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like they are Sky employed commentators when I seen their names pop up on the screen and doing a quick search on the internet.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@noeler 

Trying to not laugh at the post from @Jayach 😜

What are you watching? Is it the what @schnapps has asked? 

Outside of that for any sports commentary you will always get it in English on NOW. So not sure what you mean.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

The Ryder Cup doesn't start until tomorrow morning. Maybe this is all the build-up stuff? But I am sure there will be plenty more American accents to come. 

And I am laughing at the comment from @Jayach😂

redchiz1
Champion 2

Just picked up on this topic again after watching most of yesterday and today. The usual roster of Sky commentators is present, including English, Scottish, Irish and American. So same as usual?