cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VictoriaC

Wifi won’t reach upstairs

The wifi doesn’t reach the entire house. It works in the kitchen/ living room which is where it’s plugged in, however the connection in the front room isn’t the best and the wifi doesn’t even reach upstairs. 
what do I do about this? 
can now provide boosters ?

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@VictoriaC 

NOW provide nothing apart from the router. You need to purchase your own equipment if you want boosters etc.  

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@VictoriaC 

Don’t buy boosters; these have to be positioned within the range of the Now router, and half of what they provide just overlaps with the Now signal anyway.

One option would be to source a Sky SR203 router off eBay, which is a direct replacement for the Now router, but has a much better range.

My other favoured option is this:-

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/tplink-tlwpa7517-av1000-wifi-powerline-adapter-kit-twin-pack-10222...

You plug one unit into the mains near the router, and connect it with a short Ethernet cable, and plug the other unit into the mains in the place where you would position a second router, if you could. Upstairs, over the front room, sounds good in your case. This will bathe the dead areas in direct WiFi coverage.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.