cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJones88
Advocate

Broadband slow

Hi I switched from TalkTalk where I got 47 mps download speed to Now Broadband just over a month a go and it barely gets over 28 mbps, have done speed test via cable and modem is showing guaranteed download 36 mbs but nothing gets anywhere near, so slow to just load web pages on anything

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@CJones88 

Outside of doing a factory reset to the router all I can suggest is to call the broadband team.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@CJones88 

You won’t get the same speeds over WiFi that you get over Ethernet, so you were right to check on a wired connection.

But there is no reason you shouldn’t get the same speeds on Now, wired, as you got on TalkTalk, wired, 

On WiFi, though, I would not expect the Now router to work as well as the TalkTalk one did; once you get whatever fixes resetting the router and getting Now Broadband involved bring, you might want to source a Sky SR203 router as a direct replacement for the Now router, and swap that in.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.