cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wat4
Advocate

Unable to access Sporting Event Programmes

I have installed the NOW TV App as per the instructions. The "Error Message" states that I need to connect (get online) to the Internet. I only have Mobile Broadband and use it on this device. I am sending this message using the same device and same mobile broadband. I am also able to access other websites/ streaming Sites so I cannot understand how the NOWTV application comes up with that Error Message. This issue is not covered in the Site Help

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Wat4 

In the settings of the app is it set to “Wi-Fi only?”

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Wat4
Advocate

Gav,

I have not been able to locate the App Settings. Guidance please

RoyB
Legend

@Wat4 @gavs82008 

The setting is on the Player, and not available from the browser side.(I’m not sure if this applies to a PC or Mac, whose Player doesn’t have the capability to do anything but play, though have a dig round for it)

But on this iPad, you choose a programme, any programme, from the browser window, and start the player as if to watch it.

But instead of watching it, you press the arrow left at the top, and then you are on a screen with a gear wheel top right:-

IMG_1057.jpeg

Press the gear wheel, and you get the control screen for the Player:-

IMG_1056.jpeg

And you can see the WiFi only setting there - I’ve set it on to make it clearer.

I might have a poke around on my laptop later, see what does and doesn’t apply there.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Wat4
Advocate

Roy, thanks for the advice. unfortunately i have not been able to locate the "arrow left at the top"

RoyB
Legend

@Wat4 wrote:

Roy, thanks for the advice. unfortunately i have not been able to locate the "arrow left at the top"

@Wat4 

Checking on my PC, I don’t think you can have this setting on PCs and Macs, because of their ‘headless’ players. So they ought to work on either landline or mobile internet.

Accordingly, I think we are looking at a different one of the myriad ways in which these two players confound and disappoint many of their users, 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Wat4 

“this device”. What device?

Wat4
Advocate

DELL Laptop Inspiron 15 3000

Wat4
Advocate

update.  I made changes to my account. Then opened a Sporting Event and it worked. received programme.  Then signed out to go out. Returned to open Proramme and got either the previous issue reported earlier in this chain or the new fault error message SDK_VPI_FAILURE. Not mentiord in the Help Centre Get in touch