cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jezw
Mentor

Sky Q saying no internet at router

Connected from router to a patch panel to send connection to 2 routers for WiFi use in the house. Very awkward setup unless I just connect directly to the router. Had the additional routers running for a couple of days with internet and sky Q connected. I've got no internet connection through the sky Q (it says) but I've got it on my additional routers. What changed? Help very much appreciated. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Jezw 

What is the make and model of the three routers, which one is internet-facing, have you disabled DHCP on the two other routers, and what mode (e.g. Bridge, Access Point, etc.) is each of the three routers (if indeed they are routers) in?

I think you have to be ‘a wizard with this stuff’ to run a configuration like that 🥲

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jezw
Mentor

I should of used the words, "switch " rather than "patch". I'm not a wizard with this stuff.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jezw 

Are you saying you can't connect to a Sky Q TV box or something else ?

If you are having trouble with the Sky Q TV box, then see if there is anything in this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Hub-says-its-connect-to-my-sky-q-box/m-p/544420 

Jezw
Mentor

All boxes are connected I've ethernet I just need the WiFi for other kit around the house. Everything except sky sees the internet?

Jezw
Mentor

'Are you saying you can't connect to a Sky Q TV box or something else ?"

I currently have 2 sky minis and 2tb main box. All are connected on the network and to the router.

I'm getting

connection to router is ticked, connection to internet has a cross.

I'm just off to read that link though 👍

RoyB
Legend

@Jezw 

What is the make and model of the three routers, which one is internet-facing, have you disabled DHCP on the two other routers, and what mode (e.g. Bridge, Access Point, etc.) is each of the three routers (if indeed they are routers) in?

I think you have to be ‘a wizard with this stuff’ to run a configuration like that 🥲

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:

@Jezw 

Definately, running multiple routers without problems needs carful planning.

Jezw
Mentor

Got as far as DHCP and they were on. Turned off and reboot everything and it works.

Also found that Now2 router has a greater range than my old Plusnet one. Now running on just the 1 router. Why make it complicated 😎

Thanks for the questions, made me check the basics. I'll leave them in the cupboard, just in case we have an extension built. Cheers