cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard9
Advocate

Re: Switching Hub from NowTV hub to TP Archer VR400

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help with this - I do believe I have the right username and password that I managed to extract using wireshark from the original router, but I am still struggling with getting everything running on the new router? Any advice on what I am doing wrong. I have spend the last couple hours searching through various threads online but nothing seems to be working for me. Any advice appreciated.

The only flag I can see is that when on the tp-link interface via browser, under network and internet is says under status "DSL disconnected" but it is definitely connected. Is this a problem with the modem I have bought or a settings problem on my setup

Any advice appreciated and happy new years 🙂

Richard

13 REPLIES 13
Jayach
Elite 3

Firstly make sure you have factory reset the router and that it has the latest firmware.

In the configuration you should just need to select Sky(Mer)_VDSL.

See this earlier post about a similar router.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/TP-Link-Archer-V600/m-p/592908

But yes, it seems worrying if it says the DSL is disconnected when the cable is connected.

chilli2
Elite

the need to use wireshark is long gone

on the config page:

ISP: Sky(MER)_VDSL

vlan id: 101

internet connection type dynamic IP

Username: abcdefgh at nowtv

password: 1234567890abcdefgh

The username and password is generic and as far as i know you can put anything in as long as it is long enough/same length however the username must have at nowtv in replacing the at with the @ symbol and removing any spaces - this has to be typed like that on here due to the forum software

Richard9
Advocate

Followed that thread without much luck. Weird thing is I connect same cable back to now-hub and it works fine.

Apparently: "You do not have permission to upload images." so cant share

chilli2
Elite

This is the guide i used to set up my TP link VR28000, if you dont see Sky(MER)_VDSL listed as an ISP then you may need to update the firmware

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264802?sortDir=ASC&page=2441bab10fb3341139f31b059fa8e193e

Richard9
Advocate

Under Advanced  - Network - Internet:

WAN interface Name: ipoe_ptm_101_0_d

VPI/VCI or VID: 101

Operation: Connect (Greyed Out)

Modify: edit/delete

Under Basic - Internet:

ISP list: Sky(MER)_VDSL

VLAN ID: (tick) Enabled (Greyed out)

VLAN ID (1-4094): 101

Note: VLAN ID cannot be disabled when Ethernet Connection is enabled

Internet Connection Type: Dynamic IP

Username: 80751ff639b0@nowtv

Password:******** ( 8 digits long)

Richard9
Advocate

I'm assuming its because I'm new to the forum and its to prevent spam, but is there a reason I cant share images or is it just that?

chilli2
Elite

does that work?

if not then try username as all letters, as per the image and password same as the image

Richard9
Advocate

I've tried both with no luck. Could you share a screenshot of your setup under advanced - Network - Internet, my biggest concern here is I have a bad router that's not connecting with the status as DSL Disconnected

chilli2
Elite

this is the best i have, when i set it up it worked with just the username/password as per the image posted

Internet Connection Setup

DSL Modulation Type: VDSL
VLAN ID: 101

Internet Connection Type: Dynamic IP
IPv4: Enable
IP Address: x.xxx.xx.xx
Subnet Mask: 255.255.252.0
Gateway: .xxxxxxxxxx
Default Gateway: 
ipoe_ptm_101_0_d

IPv6: Enable
Advanced
MTU Size:
bytes.(The default is 1500, do not change unless necessary.)
NAT: Enable
Full-cone NAT: Enable
IGMP Proxy: Enable
Get IP Using Unicast DHCP:   (It is usually not required.)
Use the Following DNS Addresses: Enable
Use the Following IPv6 DNS Address: Enable
Host Name:

MAC Clone

Do NOT Clone MAC Address