cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
furious
Advocate

How do I setup a 3rd party router with Now Broadband

I currently use a TP Link archer router with sky broadband however I am switching to Now Broadband since it is half the price for identical speeds. What changes do I need to make or how do I set it up with Now Broadband?. Any ideas will be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

If it is working with Sky, I would expect it to continue doing so with Now. Does the router have a setting for Sky (MER)_VDSL and are you using it?

chilli2
Elite

It depends upon which archer router/modem/AP you have .

As far as i know the VR series will work with Sky and Now , although you may need to check if it has the latest firmware / software update .

I found this guide to be useful:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264802?page=2

below image taken from that site ( if it works)

441bab10fb3341139f31b059fa8e193e

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much for this.  A few months ago I changed from TalkTalk to NowTV and went from an excellent WiFi network to one with continual dropouts regardless of how far the device was from the router, for example my TV was probably 3 or 4 feet from the router.

This has not happened to me since I had SkyQ a few years ago..... oh wait.... oh no.... the penny dropped!  When I had Sky we were in a much larger building so I put it down to that and lived with it.

Not this time!  I remember trying to fix it by separating the two WiFi bands.... didn't make any difference then.

Sooooo.... yesterday morning I spent a few hours googling and reading many questions and solutions relating to NowTV poor WiFi and instead of trying every answer as I came across them I read them all and decided this one was the obvious choice to try first.  I had hoped to use my old TalkTalk router but the reader Sky (Mer) put paid to that.  My Archer AC2100 arrived this afternoon and it all connected smoothly without a hitch.

Thanks so much!  I have to say that looking through the router's menus has been a delight.  It is probably the easiest router I have ever worked on!