cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katie76
Advocate

Service outage outrageous

No internet or TV since 07.36 and no one can tell me why or what is happening or even when service will be restored. My mum lives less than 300ft from me but she has had uninterrupted service all day. It's a disgrace that no answers or real person to speak to or even an automated service update. I've got an autistic child who has been having meltdowns all day because he's unable to do his normal things online. Get it together NOW people rely on this service for more than just recreation!

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@katie76 

Maybe you should be looking for an ISP with a 48 hour Service Level Agreement with OpenReach then, rather than Now’s 72-hour one.

Or an ISP with 3 minutes or better mobile fallback, as even 48 hours must seem like an eternity to a small child.

But I would recommend that using your mobile phone as a WiFi hotspot during terrestrial outages is a good contingency step, as long as you have a suitable data plan.

Also, lay in some DVDs, which will survive anything short of a power cut or local equipment failure,

Oh, and while Now may be responsible for bringing you the internet, they are in no way responsible for TV broadcasts being off; you must have a hell of a failure going on there to lose broadcast TV as well 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.