cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morphosis

Pre order router before moving into appartment

Hi All,

I move into an apartment on the 12th March. I need Broadband asap so am I able to sign up and receive my router and then once moved in connect it up? Would mean that the activation date would start from the order?

It has a BT line currently into the apartment. I know the landloard has cancelled BT broadband recently.

Any help and advice warmly welcomed.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Morphosis 

Short and simple answer is no. OpenReach are in control of when connections are going live. They need to do their bit on their end. 

As an example, being a BT customer I wanted to upgrade last year from 250mb to 500mb, I had to wait 10 days for OpenReach to do their bit. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Morphosis 

That’s quite a tight timescale - you need to be ordering with Now right now, so get on to them to do that.

They can send the router out to your current address, but Openreach, who do the installs, may want to be sure they have access to the property via you before they can complete the work.

That there is a BT Master Socket that was only deactivated recently means that Openreach may be able to do the install without actually coming to the property, which could be good.

But there is a lot going on at the moment, with copper stop sell, and Fibre Priority, and so on, so your first task is to ensure that Now can actually service your requirement. And now they can offer FTTP, to see if you can still have FTTC instead, and if so, whether that is actually what you would want, rather than FTTP if available.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Morphosis

Thank you for the update. Will quickly reach out to open reach to see if they are able to confirm whats will be needed and I'll get on and order the router.

RoyB
Legend

@Morphosis 

Not Openreach 😢

In this market, they are the ‘wholesaler’, and you need to sign up with one of the ‘retailers’, the ISPs.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.