Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bamboozled
Scholar

Password changing

Sorry !

Searched for answer on here but probably so simple everybody knows but me

I have a really stupidly long Password [to get into Account] - but can cut paste it easily of course. However if I have to sign in to say Mobile Phone it would be really annoying - but I dont know if it IS the same Password

So that is my simple question .... if I change Account Password will I use it across all devices please and I will just have to sign in the next time I use them

Cheers bamboozled [always]

10 REPLIES 10
Bamboozled
Scholar
Hi and thanks for all replies

In answer to Q of why Password is so long - it really was a case of me being 70 pc over cautious and 30 pc stupid. I used to use Passwords relevant to the product service bank etc and they are / were very contrived e.g. the Now TV one is 28 characters long !

That wasnt a problem at first because I keep my 60 to 70 passwords on a memory stick hidden away when not in use and can cut and paste if I need to access my Account for Billing etc. What I didnt envisage was getting other devices like mobile / tablet and NOW TV App & having to laboriously enter the 28 characters with lots of upper / lower case changes if asked for it

So I want to "get real" and change to a simpler but still secure Password but a friend last year ended up with 2 different ones both for Now TV and he used to ring them to try to fix it. He never mentions it now so perhaps its fixed

It put me off because I thought if I changed the stupid 28 character long Password would maybe same problem would afflict me ! However if I read replies correctly ..... I simply change my Sign in Password to say ... ExampleOnly ... then that will be what I need across all devices the next time I use them

Cheers again all